In PURSUIT of Knowledge
What's Happening in Pursuit?
- The Thinking Skills eliminate, exaggerate, and put to other uses have been added to our Thinker's Toolbox, a visual representation of the thinking tools (skills) we use to assist with our creative thinking
- Personalized learning is in the works with Wonder Projects. Ask you child what they are wondering...
- Research/Investigation conducted Scavenger Hunt style
- Introduction to Logic Puzzles
- Word Play with Palindromes and Homophones
- STEM Challenges
- Research/Investigation and fun fact finding during our Leap Year Scavenger Hunt
- Analogy solving
- Logic Puzzles continue to be a big hit
- Tic-Tac-Think, higher-order thinking activities
- Curious minds want to know. Ask your child what they are WONDERING...
- Presentation skills
- monthly STEM Challenges
- Participation in two meets for WordMasters Challenge, a national competition for students in grades 3-8 that encourages growth in vocabulary and verbal reasoning through analogy solving
- SCAMPER creative thinking skills review
- Cost Analysis
- Logic Puzzles are a favorite
- Presentation skills
- Genius Hour
School Beautification Project
Have you noticed the new landscaping on the east side of the sanctuary? This project was made possible by your Pursuit students! The proceeds from last year's Pursuit Green Market were used to fund the purchase of all the plants, flowers, and mulch. In addition, the third and fourth grade Pursuit groups provided the man-power needed to do all the planting. It was a dirty job, but fun was had by all. Many thanks to Mr. Clyde Barbieri for digging the holes and providing the students expert planting advice!
Pursuit Green Market
The Pursuit Green Market is fast approaching and will once again be held on Earth Day- Friday, April 22nd. All Pursuit classes will take part in marketing, advertising, and selling! Green Market preparations will begin during our next class meeting. Be on the lookout for more information to follow.
If you are interested in assisting me with the planning of this event, please send me a quick email!
There's no question that the new 7-day schedule has been a challenge for the Pursuit program. Here are a few suggestions that may assist your student as we begin the fourth quarter:
- Check the Pursuit class homework section on RenWeb. At the end of each class, I always post the Pursuit Point activities and the date of our next class meeting in this section of RenWeb.
- Third and Fourth grade students are responsible for updating their Student Planners with activities and class meeting dates. We do this at the beginning of each class. Remind your child to check their planner!
- Help you child to make sure that the Pursuit folder is ready and in the backpack on the dates listed below.
Fourth Quarter Meeting Dates
- Thursday, March 31
- Monday, April 11
- Thursday, April 21
- Monday, May 2
- Wednesday, May 11 (tentative; possible Spring Musical practice)
- Friday, May 20
- Wednesday, April 6
- Monday, April 18
- Wednesday, April 27
- Friday, May 6
- Tuesday, May 17
- Thursday, May 26
- Tuesday, April 5
- Thursday, April 14 (very short class due to half-day schedule)
- Tuesday, April 26
- Thursday, May 5
- Monday, May 16
- Wednesday, May 25