Tech Tip Tuesday
April 21, 2015
In This Issue: Formative, Google Add-Ons, Editing Photos, a Twitter Giveaway, and T3 Sign UP!
Formative - My FAVORITE Formative Assessment Tool!!!!
- Use Formative to go paperless. Create assignments, questions, or upload PDF files of already created assignments. With the PDF assignments, teachers can select areas of the PDF that students can respond in, show their work in, or have a video tutorial from YouTube embedded in. This is an AMAZING feature if you want to flip some of your assignments.
- Check in on your students' progress in real time. Whether you are asking questions or having your students solve problems on their device, Formative allows the teacher to see every step of the students' progress. This allows teachers to point students in the right direction as they are working without looking over everyone's shoulder.
- Real-time scores can be given to students. This is beneficial for the teacher as they can grade student submissions at any time (grading is just a click of a button by the way).
Teachers can have students sign up (this will allow all of the work to be saved on their account) or students can use Formative without logging in.
Twenty Ways to Use Twitter in Your Classroom
Follow me on Twitter!!!
* Yet Another Mail Merge Add-On - Watch the video here. This can help you send out emails to all of your students' emails really quickly. The video does not display this, but you would want to add a "comments" column with comments that you wanted parents to receive. You can add as many other columns as you wish.
*Create secure access to Google Forms and receive notifications when a form is submitted - Watch the video here. With a few tweaks to a Google Form, this Add-on could be used to send student referrals to administration, maintenance requests, or parent questions.
*CheckItOut Add-On - Watch the video here. This Add-on can help teachers with check in and check out systems. Whether it's books, iPads, devices, headphones, or calculators. *If it seems like this is not updating as students make changes, just refresh the internet browser.
* Here is a website listing 15 of the best Google Add-Ons for Education.