TES Staff Update
Week of October 17-21
Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
Collaboration, Compromise and Commitment
Continuous improvement for the benefit of all students.
In your teacher handbook there is a schedule for teaching appropriate behavior in different locations around the school.
**Please take time during the week to teach/review and practice the behavior expectations as outlined in Week 2.**
Don't Forget to Pass out the Bolt Tickets!!!
Nuts and Bolts for the Week of Oct 17-21
Teach/Review/Practice Week 2 Behavior Expectations - Office, Assemblies, Bathroom, Hallways, Cafeteria
Monday, Oct 17 —
- 1st Grade Teacher Collaboration
- Next week is the first Intersession
Tuesday, Oct 18 –
- I'll be at the K-12 Admin Mtg and a Powerschool Assessment Mtg in the morning
- 4th Grade Teacher Collaboration
- 2nd Grade Teacher Collaboration
- Cluster Visit after school to observe a Reading Recovery lesson with Cheryl - thanks Cheryl!
Wednesday, Oct 19 –
- 3rd Grade Teacher Collaboration
- 5th Grade Teacher Collaboration
- PTC General Meeting at 3:45
- Compass Learning Voluntary Training after school
Thursday, Oct 20 –
- E5/K Teacher Collaboration
- End of the First Trimester
- School Board Meeting at 7:00 (A&SC Bldg)
Friday, Oct 21 –
- NO SCHOOL for Students (K-5 Records Day)
- Learning Coach meeting
**NO SCHOOL NEXT WEEK (OCTOBER 24-28) -- INTERSESSION**
Records Day Reminders:
Friday, October 21
- Grades and comments due by end of the school day
- Trimester Report
- Available data uploaded to Inform
If all of the above items are completed in their entirety then attendance on Friday is optional.
Pledge Helper Schedule:
Please have your students to the office by 8:50 -- thanks!
Oliver -- Oct 17-21
Abeare -- Oct 31-Nov 4
Hribar -- Nov 7-11
Smith -- Nov 14-18
ESC TEAM - Next Meeting is October 20 (tentative)
- No gore or blood. Appropriate dress information will be sent home for students and parents.
- Parade start time 2:30.
- Immediately following parade will be classroom parties.
- No costumes on the bus – change into costumes here and change out of costumes before the end of the day.
Compass Learning Training
Wednesday, Oct. 19th, 2:45-5:45pm
Bekki Atwood will be coming in for voluntary training on Compass Learning.
Bekki Atwood, M.Ed.
Professional Development Specialist, North
We will focus on admin access/use during the first hour (2:45-3:45) followed by teacher best practices/support including setting up your classroom in the Compass Learning system.
Voluntary but Pizza and dessert will be provided for those attending! :)
Compass Learning Self-Paced Lessons are Available: See Below
- The typical teacher workday for Turrill teachers is from 8:40 – 3:45.
- On Collaboration or SIP/Staff Meetings the teacher workday is 7:50 - 3:45.
- 1-Hour Professional Development Days are from 7:40-8:40.
Three Lockdowns (one during lunch/recess)
Five Fire Drills (three before Dec 1 and one during lunch/recess)
October 5 during lunch/recess
Two Tornado Drills (one in March)
Content Area Building Level Leads
ELA - Jessica Oliver
Science - Dave Chaffin
Social Studies - Jennifer Christian
Technology - Bob Losinger, Jennifer Christian
Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT)
A Huge Thank You to Jen Christian for heading up the creation of the Emergency Response Plan! More to come - stay tuned!
- Robert Downey - CPI, CPR, Epipen, AED
- RaeAnn Fielder - CPI, Epipen
- Kathy Manchester - CPI, CPR, Epipen, AED, First Aid
- Kim Sullilvan - CPI, First Aid/CPR, AED, Epipen
- Shannon Newton - CPI, First Aid/CPR, AED
- Annette Stoutenberg - First Aid/CPR, Epipen, AED