Room 2 News
Week of October 10, 2016
What We Are Up To This Week:
Language Arts: What do you learn from your friends?
Unit 2: Week 2
- Phonics: /p/
- Sight Word(s): a
- Oral Vocabulary: assist, game, honest, pleasant, world
- Handwriting: Pp
- Reading Skill: Compare & contrast
Math: Numbers to 10
- One more/one less
- Problem solving
Writer's Workshop: Introduction of Workshop
- Adding dialogue with speech bubbles
- Animal Habitats: Why do you live there?
Social & Emotional Learning
- How can I be optimistic?
- Mindful listening
- Scholastic Book Order: A Scholastic catalog can be found in your child's folder. To order books click HERE to access the website. Our class code is NDYJ9. Book orders should be submitted by Thursday, Oct. 13th.
- Class Funds: Please send in $40 ASAP (checks made payable to Sanas Khadivi). Our Room Moms are already busy planning and purchasing items for our Halloween Party.
- Donate to Our PTO: Click HERE to donate now to our wonderful PTO. Remember SSF PTO provides: STREAM, art, computers, PE, 1:1 iPads, instructional aides, and so much more!
- Halloween Party: Monday, Oct. 31 at 1:30pm
- NO School: Friday, Nov. 11th...Veteran's Day
PTO Sponsored Teachers
A Peek At Our Week
We love our 6th Grade Buddies!
Thank you Firemen for teaching us about being safe!
Joshua & Dustin
Meeting with writing partners to revise our stories.
Fire Prevention Assembly
Let's make it a GREAT week!