Forest Lake Elementary
Honest - Empathetic - Respectful - Own my actions
Important Upcoming Dates
- September 19th: PTA Meeting @ 6:00 p.m. in Forest View Media Center
- September 21st: Homecoming Spirit Bus - Wear your maroon and gold!
- October 3rd: No School for Students
- October 11th: Picture Day
- October 13th: Parent/Teacher Conferences (evening)
- October 18th: Parent/Teacher Conferences (evening)
- October 19th: Parent/Teacher Conferences (daytime - No School for Students)
- October 20th-21st: MEA Break (No School for Students)
Homecoming Sprit Bus Next Week
Important Attendance Information
If there are any concerns you have about your child's attendance you can call our attendance line at 651-982-3203.
De-Escalation Tip of the Week
If possible, stand 1.5 to three feet away from a person who's escalating. Allowing personal space tends to decrease a person's anxiety and can help prevent acting-out behavior.
If you must enter someone's personal space to provide care, explain your actions so the person feels less confused and frightened.
Connecting Ranger Territory
With a continued emphasis on building positive relationships among students, staff, families and other caring adults throughout the community, we are hosting an community-wide event featuring national speaker Ben Rudrud. This event, which we're calling “Connecting Ranger Territory " will highlight Ben’s message on the power of relationships and help us remember that connections and kindness are vitally important.
Connecting Ranger Territory will also include a free hotdog cookout, so bring the whole family on Wednesday, September 21 at 6:00 pm (Cookout begins at 5:15). We hope to see you there!
Special Education Para Professional Jobs
A note from our Special Education department for Forest Lake Schools wants us to let everyone know that we still have several ECSE and elementary sped para positions to fill. If interested please contact our ECSE/Elementary Special Education Coordinator Sara Heckel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bus Drivers Needed
The Food & Nutrition Department will return back to normal operations. What does that mean? Food & Nutrition Department Back to Normal Operations
Meal Prices, Interactive Menus, Using PayPAMS, Meal Benefit Application Information (if needed) can all reviewed at flaschools.org/nutrition
Free and Reduced Meal Application - We ask all families to fill out this application. Not only can this qualify your family for free or reduced meal prices, you can also benefit from free/reduced rates for activities, equipment, etc...
Student Drop Off (by parent/guardian)
- Students should be dropped off from 9:00-9:15 a.m. Please see map below for drop off instructions.
- We do not have supervision for students before 9:00 a.m. Students are to remain outside until the 9:00 a.m. bell rings
- No parents entering the school building without checking into the office
- There will be a staff member(s) outside and inside to ensure students make it to their specific classroom safely
- Please be careful in our parking lots
Student Pick Up (By Parent/Guardian)
- Students will be release at 3:40 p.m.
- FLE students who ride the bus home will walk over to Forest View Elementary to get on their bus (unless your student rides special education transportation, those buses will pick up in front of FLE)
- FLE students who have younger siblings at Forest View and are getting picked up by their parent/guardian should walk over to Forest View and be picked up in that parent pick up line
- FLE students who are getting picked up at our school will walk to the sidewalk to the north side of our building to find their ride in the pick up line.
- Please be careful in our parking lots
2022-2023 Parent & Student Handbook
Nicole Flaherty: email@example.com. 651-982-8655
Molly Nemec: firstname.lastname@example.org 651-982-8667
Location: 200 SW 4th Street, Forest Lake, MN Door #7
ADULT BASIC EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
View the real-time locations of your child’s bus by logging into our Here Comes the Bus app.
Here Comes the Bus for Forest Lake Area Schools
- View the real-time location of your child’s bus
- Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive push notifications or email alerts
- Send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, every time
How to get started:
- Download the Here Comes the Bus app (available in the App Store and Google Play) or visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click “Sign Up” (top right corner on the website)
- Enter school code 38313 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm”
- Complete the “User Profile” box
- Under “My Students,” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name and student ID number - Student ID numbers can be found on ParentVUE
- Once you have confirmed your information, you’re ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus!
- For their safety, we continue to request that students be at the bus stop five minutes before the bus arrives.
- Notifications for your bus are based on a radius and distance away from your bus stop. You can customize that radius within the app to provide the best timing for notification.
- Students who live in dual households can be added separately. One household will be entered with the regular student ID number and the other will be entered with the student ID plus * (for example, 12345*)
FLE Educational Equity Pledge
To help set the tone of our school culture we have added this equity pledge to our morning announcements. These are the commitments we make to our students everyday.
We value your strengths and contributions
You are respected for who you are
Your voice will be heard and appreciated
You are cared about
We will work to represent you in our curriculum
We want you to feel comfortable and welcomed at school
We will support you to be academically confident and challenged
You will be empowered to achieve your goals, dreams and full potential
We all will take responsibility in creating a more just society
Shop Amazon and Support Our Schools!
Help raise funds for our schools effortlessly! Use the link below when shopping Amazon and our AmazonSmiles program will donate to our school with each purchase. Please note that the Amazon App does not qualify for this give back program.
Office Hours (School Days): 7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Office Phone Number: 651-982-3200
Health Office: 651-982-3203
Attendance Line: 651-982-3203
Student School Hours:
- Student drop off starts at 9:00 a.m.
- School starts at 9:15 a.m.
- School dismisses at 3:40 p.m.