Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - October 4, 2020
It's hard to believe that we have a month of virtual learning in the books. Students are continuing to strive to meet our R.O.A.R expectations. Our R.O.A.R. expectations set the standard for how students should behave in the school setting. We recognize students for meeting these expectations with positive office referrals and school celebrations. We encourage you to discuss our R.O.A.R. expectations with students at home. See below for an explanation of what each letter represents.
R - Ready to Learn
O - Own Your Behavior
A - Always Safe
R - Respectful
We also need your assistance in assuring that students are fully engaged in their learning experience. Please remind your child to mute the microphones, have the cameras on, stay in one area, and complete the tasks assigned during their independent work time.
We appreciate your support!
Continue reading below for important updates.
Student Work Packets
Don't forget to get your child's learning packet on Tuesday, October 6th, 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Locate your child's bin by grade level and select one (1) packet per Laburnum student. If the bin is empty, please ring the bell. Someone will make additional copies.
Future Distribution Dates:
If you are unable to get a packet, you can also print a copy of the packet from our Laburnum Virtual Learning website. Click on your child's grade level at the top of the site to locate the work packet.
Read below for a message from our interim PTA President, Ms. Faulks-Brown
The PTA strives to:
1. Engage parents and teachers to collaborate arounds our children's need
2. Supplement school resources and current initiatives
3. Build healthy relationships between school and the surrounding community
We are currently seeking a PTA President. Come work with a dedicated board who is here to support a leader with a passion to serve. If you are interested in the role of PTA president, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PTA President's Role:
1. Preside over all meetings
2. Coordinate special committees with all officers
3. Help plan the yearly budget
Join the PTA by clicking on the link below. Membership is only $5.00 per year.
Kids Challenge Virtual Edition
- October 10th at 10:00 AM - Monthly Principal Chat - Each month I will host a discussion with parents to answer questions and hear your concerns & ideas. The link is below.
Resources for Families to Support Virtual Learning
- Laburnum Virtual Learning Website - During virtual learning, you can click on this website for information.
- Digital Learning Quick Guide
- Digital Learning Information for Elementary School Families
- HCPS Mission Forward 2020-21 Learning Plan: A Handbook for Families - A guide to help families understand and visualize what virtual learning will look like.
- HCPS Student Virtual Learning Support - This information is also linked to our Laburnum Virtual Learning website homepage
If you encounter any issues with PowerSchool: Please email the help desk at email@example.com or call 804-328-5207. Para asistencia en español, llame al 804-527-4604.
If you encounter any issues with completing your forms: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Help may also be available by contacting your school with questions.
If you or someone you know needs to enroll a student, you will need to call to schedule a registration appointment. All registrations will be by appointment ONLY. The school number is (804) 228-2720.
Additionally, if you need to update your contact information such as address, phone number, or email, please call us to let us know.
Breakfast & Lunch
If you choose to come 7 AM - 9 AM, students will receive a hot breakfast and cold lunch for the same day. If you come 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM, students will receive a hot lunch and cold breakfast for the following morning.
The county is also providing meal distribution by bus.
- Mondays and Wednesdays: On Mondays, buses will distribute meals for Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesdays, breakfasts and lunches will be distributed for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, as well as Monday breakfast.
- Buses will make 30-minute stops at each location, between 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Laburnum has two stops:
Brookhill Road and Crenshaw Ave.
Delmont St. and Engleside Drive