Weekly Update Week of September 19
Grade 5 M - Stoy School
Calendar of Upcoming Events
- Pass, Punt, and Kick (3- 4 PM)
Friday, September 23 -
- Spelling Assessment on Personal List #1 (Students should know how to spell their personal words and be able to sort and categorize their words and Lesson 1 words according to spelling principle (short vowel sounds)
- School Store (3PM)
Monday, September 26 -
- Math Test Unit 1 (prime, composite and square numbers, exponents, prime factorization, math facts, basic computation)
Tuesday, September 27 -
- Tentative Date - Science quiz on Landforms (Investigation #1) The kids have notes and vocabulary in the science section of their binder
- MUM sale and pickup
Thursday, September 29
- Student Council Stoy Spirit Day and Pretzel Sale
Seesaw Information- PLEASE READ!
You may also want to TOGGLE OFF the Tips, Tricks, and Seesaw Updates.
Also, please be aware that we may add assignments for your child to complete later on in the day that will appear in your child's journal. Please wait until your child receives directions from me until you like it or comment. Your child will be copying and creating their own personalized copy to complete. This copy will be the item you can like or comment on. (Comments or likes will need to be approved by me before they are visible.)
Thank you for your patience as we work out the kinks! If you need assistance, I would be happy to walk you through the steps to limit notifications. Just ask to meet before or after school for a few minutes.
iPads and Chargers
Thanks for your cooperation! We want to do some lessons on digital citizenship and stress the fact that these iPads are learning tools, not personal gaming devices. There are so many ways we will integrate iPad use into our curriculum in a positive and creative way. We just want to make sure everyone understands the guidelines and rules before we unleash them to the masses.
Read aloud! by Rayna Farr
In 5m we are doing Read Aloud after lunch. It's a good way to relax and get ready for the other half of school. We are reading Sideways Stories from Wayside School. We love it because it's funny and weird and that's what makes it fun.
Play-Doh Models of Stoy School by Nick
This is our class making models of the new Stoy. I think the new All-Purpose Room will be the biggest and the best room.
Finished Products by Nick
Here are the finished models and maps of Stoy School. Do you think they look similar? How are they different?
Project on the Wall of Fame by Rayna
Our first project was about our school and changes that have happened. So, we colored a bird's eye view of the school and used it as a reference to make 3D clay models.