The Viking View - Families
Monday December 14th
From the Desk of Principal Williams
From the bottom of the Steele Lane Staff, we would like to thank you for being partners in your student's success. I can't believe it is already Winter Break! Just think back and reflect for a minute where we all were in August. The teachers, staff, parents, and students have all grown so much.
On Friday we will be having an assembly to celebrate our Scholars of the month and to have a Winter Sing-a-long. We look forward to seeing your students on Friday from 8:30-9:15 am. Watch the video below to hear the names and see a glimpse of the prizes to choose from. The link for the Zoom will be sent out to students from their teacher. I will also be sending out the link via Parent Square.
We will also be having a school-wide distribution drive through on Friday from 10-12. It will be similar to the Halloween drive-through. We look forward to seeing you there to pick up materials from your teachers. Please connect with your teachers to ensure they have materials for you to pick up.
Lastly, We are having challenging times with our attendance on Wednesdays. Please remember that there is school on Wednesday. Students are expected to connect with their classroom teachers, complete work, and attend their PE and Music classes.
Please take care of yourselves during the break.
Thank you very much,
Scholars of the week
- Completing assignments on Seesaw
- Amazing Attendance
- Never Giving Up
- A-Z Reading
- Lexia progress
- Attending all Zoom classes
- Extra Effort
- Class Spirit
- Outstanding Class Participation
- Perseverance and Commitment to Learning
- Overall Excellence in Distance Learning
Keep up the good work and come to the Assembly on Friday to see who is our Scholars of the Month!
Michael Olvera Mora,Theo De Oliveira,Giovanni Bianchini Valentina Contreras,Kairo Williams
Yaileny Moreno & North Martinez, Jaime S,Kaaren S,Luis Romero, Mayte Abarca Solorio
Citlalli Vazquez ,Lucas Soto, Jairo Andrade, Jesus Garibay, Elijah Williams, Jesus Ramirez, Emery Lemons, Victor Ponce, Alexander Magana, Logan Radovich, Diana Capi, Belen Vidrio
Thank you Dutch Bros
- Please be sure your child is checking their platform each day. We use Seesaw and Google Classroom.
- Also, all students will benefit from doing 15-20 minutes on Lexia (Core5 for grades K-5, and PowerUp for grade 6) and LGL Math and Language Arts. These programs can be assessed through ClassLink.
When you are on campus
As we welcome families/students to campus for our various material distribution, we'd like to remind you of a few health and safety protocols.
1. Please stay home if you or your student:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- tested positive for COVID-19, and are within the 10-day isolation period
- have had close contact (longer than 15 minutes) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- live or cohabitate with a person who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- traveled outside of the state (specifically to high-risk areas) within the past 14 days
2. While on campus, please respect social distancing of 6 feet and wear a mask at all times. We recommend sanitizing your hands prior to and after the event.
We saw that many of our families had a hard time getting back in the routine after the Fall Break. We recommend getting your student back onto their school sleep schedule at least 4 days before we start back up.