BES WEEKLY NEWS
BIG things are happening at BES!
This week's Challenge--Find someone this week who could use some encouragement! Write a quick note or simply tell someone you appreciate them! Everyone needs an extra push, especially at this time in the year! You might just make someone's day better by one simple act!
FRIDAY APRIL 15th--FLIP FLOP FRIDAY!!! Let's celebrate our busy week by wearing fun flip flops on Friday!
- Shout out to the RTI team for getting all of the meetings done quickly and efficiently!
- Shout out #2 to Mrs. Reed, Mrs. Chambers, and Ms. Erwin--they have completed STAAR Alt 2 testing!!!
- Don't forget to watch for positive behavior--Positive Office Referrals are a quick and easy way to praise a student and build a relationship with the parents!!
- Be sure you have contacted parents if you have academic concerns.
- Spring Conferences should be happening in the next few weeks. Please do your best to meet with all parents. If they cannot meet in person, set up a phone conference.
- Please be mindful of your grade level recess time.
- Remind students of BES expectations (hall, restroom, playground, gym, cafeteria).
- It is very important that you monitor students on the playground. Please be sure that each team has people on each side of the playground. Remind students of the boundaries and how far they are allowed to go.
- Remember to practice kindness every day with staff and students--One Kind word can change someone's entire day!!! Your words count!
- Be sure your LEARNING TARGETS are posted in your classroom daily in kid friendly language.
- 4/11-15 Kindergarten Round Up
- 4/11 Kindergarten Round up 4:00-7:00
- 4/12 Class Group Pictures
- 4/13 Early Release-Betsy's Shower (CES coming to BES)
- 4/14 Progress Reports go home (DATE CHANGE)
- 4/15 Head Start Field Trip
- 4/18 Kindergarten Program-6:00--DATE CHANGE
- 4/25-29 Book Fair
- 4/25 1st grade program-6:00--DATE CHANGE
- 5/2-5/6 Teacher Appreciation Week-THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!!
- 5/2 Baby Shower for Mrs. Carter
- 5/4 CEIC Meeting-3:45
- 5/6 Pre K Field Trip
- 5/9 3rd Grade STAAR Math
- 5/10 3rd Grade STAAR Reading
- 5/12 Progress Reports go home
- 5/20 3rd Grade Field Trip
- 5/31 End of Year Awards Ceremony
- 6/1 Bear Games