Chartwell School: The Bulldog Bark
Weekly Newsletter for Chartwell Families
September 22, 2022
What's In This Newsletter
If you missed previous issues of the Bulldog Bark, you can find the archives here.
- Morning Coffee & Conversation- Division Breakouts: Wednesday, September 28, 8:30 am (email email@example.com to let us know you'll be joining!)
- Community Workshop - Understanding Dyslexia: Thursday, September 29, 5:30 pm (Zoom link here)
- Family Interest Survey from the Chartwell Family Network (click here)
- ICYMI: LS and MS/HS Back to School Night Presentations
- CFN Night Out - Friday, September 30 - The Dust Bowl in Monterey at 6:00 pm; for planning purposes, email Alissa Malakan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending!
- Looking for Hosts for Chartwell Count Me Ins!
LOWER AND MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Spirit Week: Monday, September 26 - Friday, September 30 (details in LMS section below)
- How to Manage Class Dojo Notifications (click link for instructions)
- Volleyball and Cross Country Games Schedule
- Spirit Week: Monday, September 26 - Friday, September 30 (details in HS section below)
- High School Field Experience Details - Important Pick-Up Details
- Hiking Field Trip on 9/23 for HS Students NOT Attending Field Experience
- Faculty & Staff Birthdays - September
- COVID Update for Week of 9/26/22
ALL SCHOOL EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
ALL SCHOOL: Chartwell Family Network Annual Interest Survey
Looking for Chartwell Count Me In Hosts!
Some examples have included:
- Karoake Night
- Sunset Cocktails and Appetizers at a Private Home
- Gingerbread House Making Class
- Bocce Ball, Ping Pong or Pickle Ball Tournament
- Picnic and Tidepooling at Asilomar
- Art or cooking class at your home
- Musical event
The list is endless based on the talents and interests of our community. These events help build community and help support Chartwell's program.
If you are interested in hosting a Chartwell Count Me In, please email Elena Mueller at email@example.com.
LOWER AND MIDDLE SCHOOL
Spirit Week Next Week!!!
MS Athletics Schedule
MS Volleyball vs Bay View Charter @ PG Middle School
Saturday, September 24 - 2:30 pm
MS Volleyball vs Monterey Bay Christian @ Chartwell
Tuesday, September 27 - 4:00 pm
MS Volleyball vs Madonna Del Sasso @ Chartwell
Thursday, September 29 - 4:00 pm
MS Volleyball vs Santa Catalina @ Santa Catalina
Friday, September 30 - 4:00 pm
Friday, September 23, 4:00 pm @ Carmel Middle School
Friday, September 30, 4:00 pm @ Carmel Middle School
* The team is looking for an additional coach. If you are interested, please email Rory Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMING SOON: SOCCER!
HS Field Experience Pick-Up Update
The pick-up for the Field Experience students will be late Friday evening at Chartwell School, most likely after 11:00 pm.
The group will be leaving Long Beach by bus around 4:00 p.m. and stopping for dinner along the way.
Faculty on the trip will have students text or call families when we are about 45 minutes away from the school. If you do not hear from your student, you can text Amanda Zonghi at (831) 308-1188.
HS Hiking Field Trip - Friday, September 23 (Students NOT attending Field Experience)
REMINDER: HS Students Not Going on the Field Experience
Friday, September 23
Point Lobos Hike
Parents or caregivers need to drop-off and pick-up students at:
Piney Woods Picnic Area (this is located inside the park and rangers will allow free entrance when you say you are with the Chartwell group picking up or dropping off)
Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923
Drop-off is at 9:00 am
Pick up is at 12:30 pm
Students should bring a water bottle, bag lunch, and wear shoes for walking/hiking.
High School Spirit Week Next Week!
Faculty & Staff September Birthdays
September 11 - Nina Phillips
September 20 - Stephanie Driscoll
September 20 - Cindy Price
September 24 - Danny Cunningham
September 25 - Batya Fields
Week of September 26: COVID Update
For the week of September 26, here are the current Chartwell guidelines:
Indoor masking will be strongly recommended but not required.
Testing will be offered by request. Please send an email to Roz Harris if you would like your child tested for COVID.
If Your Child Tests Positive: Chartwell will follow the California Department of Health Isolation and Quarantine Guidelines for students, faculty, and staff who test positive for COVID.
If you have questions for us, please contact one of the following Chartwell Team Members:
Head of School, Danielle Patterson: email@example.com
Director of Teaching and Learning, Jodi Amaditz: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director of Lower School, Katherine Kanaski: email@example.com
Assistant Director of Middle School, Karla Bell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director of the High School, Amanda Zonghi: email@example.com
Director of STEAM and EdTech, Sandra Varajic: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Student Support: Billy Swift email@example.com
Director of Campus Management and Safety, John Langrill: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Advancement and Communications, Elena Mueller: email@example.com
Director of Athletics: Rory Patterson firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Support: email@example.com