Mosaica Online Happenings
March 10-14 2014
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Tuesday, March 11th: Enrichment Day
- Tuesday, March 11th: Paragon Night
- March 24-28: SPRING BREAK
- Friday, April 11th: Last day of Grading Period #3
- Monday, April 14th: Enrichment Day
- **Beginning August 28th, all adjunct teachers must submit invoices to Brenda McCullers on the 14th and 28th of the month**
Non-Charter Mosaica Online Locations
American School Foundations
Mar 17 - Benito Juarez Day
April 14 - 21 - Spring Holiday
May 1 - Labor Day
May 25 - Last Day for Seniors
May 31 - Upper School Graduation
June 12 - Last Day of School
Mosaica International School of Hyderabad
March 17 - Holi
March 31 - Ugadi
April 14 - 18 - Spring Break
May 1 - May Day
May 28 - 30 - Benchmark Testing
June 13 - Last Day of School
Foundation Academy of Mansfield
April 14 - 18 - Spring Vacation
May 26 - Memorial Day
June 4 - Last Day of School
Muskegon Heights High School
March 28 - Prof. Dev. Day
March 31 - April 4 - Spring Vacation
April 18 - Good Friday
May 10 - Prof. Dev. Day
May 26 - Memorial Day
June 12 - Last Day for Students
Arts & Technology Academy of Pontiac
March 14th - Early Release
March 17th - Professional Development Day
April 7th - 11th - Spring Break
April 18th - Good Friday
May 23rd - Early Release Day
May 26th - Memorial Day
June 13th - Early Release Day
June 20th - Last Day of School
American School of Puerto Vallarta
March 17 - Mexican Holiday
April 11 - 27 - Spring Break
May 1 - Mexican Holiday
May 5 - Mexican Holiday
May 16 - Profession Development Day
May 27 - 30 - Senior Final Exams
June 17 - Last Day of School
Staff Spotlight - Jody Sweeney
Teaching is my passion and I have been in education for over 35 years. I began my career as a resource classroom teacher for students with Emotional and Behavior Disorders in Brunswick Georgia. I remained in that county for 32 years where I held system-wide positions as Autism Specialist, Behavior Intervention Specialist and finally as part of a middle school administration team. I retired from Glynn County Schools to come to Flowery Branch, GA with my husband to serve as house parents at a ranch for troubled children. We had to leave after two years due to issues with our elderly parents, but we remained in the area because our daughters live nearby. I missed teaching during our time at the ranch so I came to work with the Hall County School System where I am currently teaching part time as a Reading Intervention Specialist. I have been married to my husband, Bruce, for 36 years and we have two daughters, Shae and Kari. I have a 2 year old grandson named Ian and both of my daughters are expecting babies, one in August and one in October.
Mosaica Online Enrichment Days
Our next Enrichment Day is March 11th!
The focus area is English/Language Arts
For the month of February students learned how to make Chicken Pillows! Chicken pillows have a creamy chicken center, wrapped in a crescent roll, then covered with saltine crackers and baked. As it cooks the crescent roll puffs up making it light and fluffy, or pillow like!
We have also been talking about how important it is to have a well balanced meal, and how to choose the proper side dish for your entrée. Eve Scolari, 2CA, went with steamed vegetables for her side, a great choice!
Check out the recipe here- http://www.chef-in-training.com/2010/08/chicken-pillows/
TEACHER TIP OF THE WEEK!
·If you didn’t already report your PowerSchool attendance for CA and CO earlier this week, please be sure to complete this before the end of today.
· Next Tuesday, March 11th is English/Language Arts Enrichment Day. Please post a News item in your courses directing students to their ELA classes. Please do NOT tell them that they won’t have work in any other classes as they will still have work in Paragon.
· As we approach the different state testing windows, please be sure that you have a plan on how you will be helping your students prepare. If you need any assistance, contact your IC.
· Please continue to contact the parents of any struggling students in your class and document your conversations and attempts in the seating chart.
The Coaching Corner.....
As students prepare for their state assessment, they have, or will, view the Capture recording on test taking strategies. As you support your students in preparations for the exams, please reinforce these tips! Post in them in your NEWS section, and refer to them during your live sessions! Seeing and hearing these simple ‘take to the test’ strategies multiple times will provide our students with the self-confidence to rock the test!
When Answering Questions
· Don’t just guess!
· Think about each answer choice and choose the best one.
Skip, Return, Check
· If you finish early, check to make sure you have answered all questions.
Look for Key Words:
· Find key words or phrases in the question that will help you choose the correct answer.
· Try using your eraser to lightly mark key words and phrases, then gently brush them off when you’re done!
Are we communicating?
· Make sure you understand what the question is asking.
· Be sure you are responding to the question that is being asked., including the details of a question
· For questions including charts, tables and graphs, make sure you read ALL parts, including labels!