IN THE MIDDLE
October 12, 2015
A Minute with Mrs. Mayes
- Builder's Club School Supply Drive - Postponed until further notice.
Picture Re-Takes - 10/20.
8th Grade Families: The annual field trip to Washington, D.C. is scheduled for June 9-12. We have a mandatory parent information meeting scheduled for October 19 at 6:30 pm in the MS Cafeteria -- THIS IS A NEW DATE for the meeting.
Board of Education meeting: Monday, 10/19 @ 6:00, Ackerson.
Health Heroes Flu Clinic will be at the middle school on October 27th at 1:00pm. On Monday, October 12th, patient consent forms will be placed in advisory teachers' mailboxes for advisory teachers to pass along to students. Students need to take these forms home to their parents/guardians. If parents/guardians choose for their student(s) to have a LAIV FluMist vaccine, they will need to complete and return the white form by October 21st. If a parent/guardian chooses a Flu Zone IIV Quadrivalent vaccine, (flu injection), they need to complete a green form, (located in the middle school office), to be returned by October 21st as well.
From PTSA regarding MMS Fun Night: Our first 2015/2016 Fun Night is just around the corner on Friday, October 23, 2015 and Halloween is our theme! We will have a costume contest for 5th/6th and 7th/8th Grades!
Fun Night schedule:
5th/6th Grade: 5-6:30pm
7th/8th Grade: 7-8:30pm
· Admission is $4; however, students wearing a costume will receive reduced admission of $3.
· Concessions will be available at an additional cost and will include pizza, popcorn, candy, and beverages. Prices range from $.25 to $1.00.
· Dodge Ball will be in the Gym while activities (5th/6th: crafts; 7th/8th: dance) and music will be in the Cafeteria.
Please volunteer some of your time to make this evening possible for the students--we can't do this without you! All adult volunteers must have an approved background check. If you have already completed the background check form, you should be all set. Let us know if you are in need of the form.
From Project Success regarding Haunted High: Looking for some scary good times for all ages? Then come check out "Haunted HighSchool" on Saturday October 24, 2015. Key Club, Students Leading Students, and SRSLY Manchester are hosting a frightfully fun event that includes Haunted Hallways, Mini Haunted Hallway for Little Ones, Crafts, Games, and a Costume Contest.
Date: Saturday October 24, 2015
Time: 4:30 - 7:30p
Costume Contest: 6:30p
Location: Manchester High School
$5 per Person
$15 per Family
FREE for Ages 4 & Under
- To honor our commitment to "be green," we've included two electronic forms to be completed, if you haven't already done so: Walking Field Trip Permission Slip and Handbook Contract.
- Text alerts are available through Remind. You must complete this step annually. TEXT @mms5678 to 81010
- Weekly classroom assignment charts are listed below, or you can also find them under the middle school's "Parents & Students" tab.
Meet Our Long-Term PE Sub, Tina Champagne
I earned my first degree from CMU in Commercial Recreation and worked for several years as a fitness manager before I started having children. After being a stay at home mom for 10 years, I realized that my passion was to teach, so I went back to school and earned my teaching certification in Physical and Health Education at EMU and my Masters of Education in Kinesiology, Physical Education Pedagogy (Adapted Physical Education) at Wayne State. I chose PE, because I believe PE has a lot to offer students. PE allows kids to be themselves while learning lifetime skills, fitness, personal and social responsibility, teamwork, and cross-curricular activities. I look forward to meeting all the students!
MIDDLE SCHOOL CLUBS / ATHLETICS
- October 12 - VOLLEYBALL (Away): 4:30 vs. Michigan Center
- October 13 - CROSS COUNTRY (Away): 4:00 vs. Hanover
- October 14 - VOLLEYBALL (Home): 4:30 vs. Napoleon
- October 14 - FOOTBALL (Home): 4:30 vs. Michigan Center
- Students interested in a regional spelling bee to be held at Milan on Saturday, November 14, should sign up in the office.
- There are sign-ups in the office for 7th / 8th grade competitive cheer and 7th / 8th grade boys basketball.
- Builder's Club meets this month on October 13 and 27.
Manchester Middle School
Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.
To provide a secure, challenging learning environment which will empower all students to achieve their greatest potential. The MMS team joins the parents and community to assist students in developing skills necessary to become successful, responsible, contributing citizens.