Dear Field Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Eugene Field Elementary School! I hope that you are enjoying your summer as much as possible in these current circumstances. We are definitely looking forward to our first day of school on Thursday, August 27th. This newsletter includes a variety of information about the start of the school year, introductions of new staff members, and important dates and reminders. Thank you, in advance, for reviewing this information!
Park Ridge-Niles School District 64’s mission is as follows: Inspire every child to discover, learn, achieve, and care.
The District's vision expands on this mission, and it says:
Inspire all students to discover their strengths, embrace learning, achieve personal excellence, and demonstrate care. Students thrive in a rich, rigorous, and innovative curriculum delivered by highly qualified teachers. Each student learns and grows in a safe, nurturing environment. In collaboration with students, parents, teachers and the community, District 64 provides opportunities for each learner to investigate, be successful, be resilient, and become inspired and empowered as they contribute to our global society.
While the 2020 calendar year has been very challenging, we are looking ahead to the start of our 2020-2021 school year and how we can continue to live into this mission and vision as a school community.
As many of you may know, this school year marks my first as Principal at Field Elementary School. My summer has been busy with learning about our school, helping prepare the year for students, and meeting with many of our teachers. Prior to joining District 64, I spent the last 13 years in Skokie, working as a middle school English language arts teacher, a middle school assistant principal, and most recently as an elementary school principal. I am so thrilled to be continuing in the role of elementary principal here in District 64, as I truly love the magic of elementary schools. I look forward to meeting your children virtually very soon. Mrs. Christa Donnelly joins me as the new Assistant Principal. She previously served as the assistant principal at Franklin Elementary here in District 64, as well as serving as a special education coordinator and a special education teacher prior to joining D64. Mrs. Donnelly is looking forward to connecting with Field families this year, too!
Mrs. Courtney Goodman
Dates to Remember
- Thursday, August 20th: Notification of teacher assignments
- Friday, August 21st: Student Device Pick up (incoming Kindergarten through 3rd grade; all new students). Can't make that date? Wednesday, August 26th is the make-up date.
- Week of August 24th: District 64 will host evening Parent Universities (virtual) to support parents wil device orientation for remote learning
- Monday and Tuesday, August 24th & 25th: Teacher institute days (no student attendance)
- Wednesday, August 26th: Remote learning planning day for staff (no student attendance)
- Thursday, August 27th: First day of school (remote learning) for 1st-5th graders
- Thursday, August 27th: Kindergarten orientation (virtual)
- Friday, August 28th: First day of school (remote learning) for kindergarteners
District 64 Remote Learning Plan
See what’s going on in our community!
From the library to the park district, our communities of Park Ridge-Niles have lots to offer, even virtually. For information on all the latest happenings, be sure to check the Community Info & Events webpage.