Week of 3.6.2023
Weekly Message from Hatfield Elementary
Dear Hatfield Families,
I hope you had a wonderful week!
Last week we our Kindergarten students had a field trip to the Bucks Co. Children's Museum. They had a great time and the museum staff noted that our students were an excellent bunch! Our 6th graders visited Pennfield Middle School to see the musical Rock of Ages! We also celebrated Read Across America with a fun spirit week and mystery readers visiting different classrooms. The students enjoyed this event and so did our guests! We held two Parent/Principal Meet and Greets as well. Thank you to all the families who came out, it was lovely to meet so many of you! Lastly, I want to congratulate Claire Parmiter on her participation in the Odyssey of the Mind Tournament with her NP team. Way to go Claire, we are so proud of you!
We have a busy week coming up here at Hatfield Elementary! Some of our 6th graders will visit the Planetarium on Monday and Tuesday and on Thursday we have our report card conferences. These meetings will be held virtually and in-person. Please reach out to your child's teacher with any questions. Our students will have an early dismissal on this day.
We are looking forward to a great week!
Keep soaring above and beyond,
Hatfield Elementary Principal
- To translate this newsletter, please follow these steps: Step 1: Click on the translate button found at the top of the newsletter. Step 2: On the right side of the newsletter, you'll see the ADA and Translation feature. Click on the translate button and choose your desired language.
- As you know, conferences will be held on Thursday, 3/9/23, and may take place in-person or virtually. Please reach out to your child's teacher with any questions
Hatfield Spiritwear Sale!
- Hatfield Elementary Spiritwear Sale!! Order online February 27th – March 6th (Store closes at midnight on Monday 3/6). Please visit: https://hatfield-elementary-spring-2023.itemorder.com/shop/home/
- Orders should be delivered and distributed in school by the end of March. The items feature our NEW logo designed by our very own art teacher....Mrs. DeVito!!
Welcome Ms. Labovitz
- A warm welcome goes out to Ms. Labovitz who joined our Hatfield team last week! Ms. Labovitz will be covering for Mrs. Johnson in music! We are excited to have her here at Hatfield!
Community Education Class
- The next class is scheduled for Wednesday, 3/8. This session is designed to provide an overview of the population of English Language Learners in our schools, the structure of our program in grades K-12, and the support and tools provided to the students and families that strengthens their connections to and engagement within the schools and the larger North Penn community. Please meet at the Educational Services Center at 7-8:15 pm. The class is free but must you must register. Call 215-853-1029.
- Please remind your child that they are not permitted to bring sports equipment (basketballs, footballs, etc.) from home for use at dismissal. If they have teacher permission for recess, the equipment must remain in bookbags until that time and returned after recess. Students are lingering on campus after dismissal to play with friends and we are directing them instead, to head home immediately. Thank you in advance for your help with this.
2/27 Kindergarten Trip to Bucks Co. Children's Museum
March-Women's History Month3/1 Rising 6th Grade Course Selection Night
3/9 Early Dismissal- Elementary Conferences
3/13-3/19 Neurodiversity Celebration Week
3/21 Home and School Meeting
3/21 World Down Syndrome Day
3/21 5th Grade Trip to College Settlement
3/24 4th Grade Trip to Pennsbury Manor
3/27 1st Grade Trip to Crayola Factory
3/28 Report Cards available in Infinite Campus
3/29 3rd Grade Trip to Adventure Aquarium/
Our Hatfield HAWKS continue to SOAR by following our HAWKS pledge daily at school! Continue to be on the lookout for HAWK feathers your child may come home with. Each month we celebrate with a school wide assembly. The more feathers a student earns, the better their chances are to be chosen to participate in exciting assembly activities! Your child also has an opportunity each month to be chosen as a Golden Hawk where they have the opportunity to sit in our special VIP section! Please continue to encourage your child to SOAR as a Hatfield HAWK!
Home and School Information
If you are interested in volunteering at an event, please make sure to have your clearances. Here is more information on the documentation needed to volunteer in the North Penn School District.
If you have any Home and School questions feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information be sure to check out our Hatfield Elementary Home and School Association Facebook page.
Our next Home and School Meeting is scheduled for 3/21 at 7:00 pm. We hope to see you there! We will have a teacher representative present at this month's meeting so come with your questions!
Hatfield Staff Spotlight!
My name is Emily Marzewski and I am one of the Autistic Support Teachers here at Hatfield. I’ve been here for less than a year and am really enjoying it. I can honestly say that the teachers at Hatfield are some of the best I've seen. I am always amazed by the compassion our teachers have for each and every student. I am married to my husband, Skyler, and have two boys. Soren is 3, and Rhys is 10 months. I also have two dogs: an old pitbull named Zola and a very naughty puppy named Whiskey. We also have a cat named Guinness. On my days off, I love to read and go for a run!
North Penn District Information
What does "Love is an Open Door" mean to you? NP is holding a contest to find out! Be creative! Submissions can be art, writing, music, dance, or anything that expresses the theme. NPSD students grades K-12 can enter for a chance to win tickets for NPHS's production of Frozen and to have their submission featured to our district and community! For more information or to enter, please visit https://sites.google.com/npenn.org/wwwnpennorgtheatre/love-is-an-open-door-contest
- IRONKnights Triathlon (swim, bike, run race)! This year's race will be held on Saturday, May 20th (rain date May 21st). Please check our website for additional information about our event: IRONKnights Website. Registration will be open from January 13th through April 20th. Click here to sign-up on or after January 13th: Register for the 2023 IRONKnights Triathlon. Reach out to Mrs. Ball with questions.
- Kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open! To learn more or get started, visit the Kindergarten website
- NP High School Renovation Video: See the amazing video, created by Mr. Gillmer, by clicking on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYJm1SnGZiM
- If your child rides a bike to school, PLEASE remind them that they must wear a helmet. We are noticing that more and more students are not wearing one and of course, their safety is our concern. Thank you for your help with this.
- A slight change has been made to two of our busses. Please remind your child (if this applies) that bus 151 (orange) is now 26 and Bus 112 (blue) is now 151. We have been reminding students here at school as well.
Please send your children to school with appropriate clothing for the temperature outside. The district policy states that classes will not go out for recess if the wind chill is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Unless a doctor's note is turned into the office students will be required to go outside with their class.
If your child will be absent for the day please let us know. You can either: email Mrs. Mandes at email@example.com OR call 215-853-1470 OR through the Hatfield website: https://hatfield.npenn.org/attendance. All absences will be marked as unexcused unless we are notified.
The district launched the Here Comes The Bus App. The app went live on January 9th. The app will be used to let parents know when their child’s bus is within a certain radius of the bus stop. Here is the communication sent out by the district. If your student is a bus rider, their ID should go home and come back to school every day. Please take the HCTB survey!
From Mrs. Ball: For the safety of your child, sneakers are required for students to actively participate in Physical Education (Gym) class. It would be greatly appreciated if you could assist your child in remembering to wear or bring sneakers to school on their designated PE day.
Hatfield Elementary School
The mission of Hatfield Elementary School is to encourage all students to aspire above and beyond in the areas of: Academic Achievement, Respect for Diversity, Community Involvement, and Individual Responsibility.