12/6- PTO meeting @ 3:00
12/14- Spirit Day
12/14- Winter Celebration @ 5:30-7:00pm hot cocoa provided!
12/18- Coffee with the Principals
12/24-31 SCHOOL CLOSED
JANUARY 1-4 SCHOOL CLOSED
JANUARY 7 First day of school for 2019
The Power of Reading
Vose has a partnership with S.M.A.R.T. (Start Making A Reader Today) volunteers who read with many of our kindergartners weekly. They have read over 450 books with kids already this year. What a great foundation for our students!
Remember to have your student read this break. Books should be FUN, FAST & EASY if students are reading independently. Or while reading to or with your child, talk about what is happening or might happen in the story.
Morning Drop off Procedure
- Having people at each crosswalk helping cross pedestrians and direct traffic
- Having 2 lanes throughout the parking lot
- The right lane is staying single file and moving forward to drop kids off on the curb
- The left lane is parking to walk their child in or exit the parking lot
- Move all the way down past the playground entrance to start dropping off students
PLEASE DO NOT
- Pass and cut off cars in the right lane - it create unsafe merging of cars
- Get out of your car when you are in the drop off lane (park instead please)
- Do not wait and watch for your child to enter the playground (park instead please)
- Drive faster than 10 miles per hour in the parking lot
Thank you for sticking to our routine to make sure everyone is safe
Teachers are working hard on Wednesday afternoons
Early Release Dismissal Time – 1:05 pm Every Wednesday
This year, the District will continue a 90-minute early release on Wednesday afternoons to allow teachers time to collaborate and participate in professional development opportunities. The Early Release/Teacher Collaboration webpage includes an FAQ and an animated video in both English and Spanish. We encourage you to visit the webpage to learn more
We want your kiddos here!
Students with regular school attendance are more likely to succeed. Every day matters for every child. Everyone can help make this happen – schools, families and community members.
Parent Tech Night Success
Beaverton School District Inclement Weather Information
When the weather outside gets colder, school schedules could be affected. The District
generally makes inclement weather decisions by 5:15 a.m., posting them by 5:30 a.m. on the
District website and on social media. All Portland Metro area media outlets are also notified
and announce the information on TV newscasts and online.
The District makes decisions based on the ability to operate school buses safely; the ability of
parents and students to drive safely; and the ability of students to walk safely. The decision
that is made will be for the entire District. As always, parents may make their own decisions.
For the latest inclement weather information:
- Log onto the District's website: http://www.beaverton.k12.or.us
- Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BeavertonSchoolDistrict/
2019-2020 and 2020-2021 School Calendars
In the 2019-2020 school year, the first day for students will be Monday, August 26 and the last day for students will be Friday, June 12. Both calendars are below for your planning purposes.