Ms. Crisp's Weekly Newsletter
February 15th - 19th, 2016
What's Happening This Week?
This week we are MAP testing Monday and Tuesday the 15t and 16th! We've done this before at the beginning of the year - MAP tests are taken on the computer and give us valuable and specific data on where your student is in both reading and math. Please make sure your student is at school and on time on these days!
I've been trying to be a little better about updating the class story on Class Dojo! It's a great way for me to share with you about what's going on in the classroom by posting pictures or videos instantly. Make sure you're checking the Dojo story for a look inside our classroom!
And finally, please continue to send your child to school with enough to keep them warm! It's supposed to warm up a little by the end of the week, but even so, please make sure your child has enough on to keep them warm at recess!
What Are We Learning This Week?
- Daily 5: Text-based questioning; research-based writing; and, as always, building up stamina to be better readers and writers.
- Reading Groups: Wrapping up our books and starting new ones!
- Social Studies: Delving into landforms and water formations by doing research and (hopefully) making models at the end of this week.
- Math: Wrapping up area (with a new focus on multiplication) and beginning our unit on fractions!
We also are beginning to run low on:
- Dry erase markers!
- Small pencil erasers
Cheez-its or Cheese Nips
Animal crackers (not frosted)
Fruits and veggies (dried or otherwise)
Individually packaged snacks, like granola bars or portion bags of popcorn
- Any kind of healthy snack that I can give out to the whole class!
Thank you for your generosity!
Ms. Crisp's Contact Info
*My cell phone is out of commission until Thursday 2/18, so please email me or call the school if you need to contact me. I will not be able to respond to texts!