Flows into North Carolina from Georgia.
Names of tributaries and lakes.
Some major lakes are...
Description/ Basic info
Mouth and headwaters?
The headwaters of the basin is located in Rabun County, Georgia
How many people live in the basin?
Important places in the basin
- The Emory Dam that's just 25 miles away from Franklin
- The Cowlee and Nantahala mountains that the river runs through
- Bonas Defeat Gorge which contains cliffs and water sculptured rock
- Panthertown Valley, a park that is reserved for it's wildlife.
- The Bridal Veil Falls, a waterfall you can easily walk under
How many miles of streams are there?
Where is it located?
Point and non-point pollution
Point pollution- Due to mining industry around the area, an estimated 75 pounds of mercury is dumped in or around the river. Another point pollution are farms further upstream, the manure and fertilizer causes a big problem.
How can we solve these problems?
To solve the point pollution problem we could be more aware of what we are dumping around the river and what our factories/ mines are doing to the gases that they release. To solve the manure problem we can build a filter that makes the manure into compost/ or helpful resources.