UNC Chapel Hill
by: Garrett Dixon
History of the school
Chartered in 1789 and opened its doors for students in 1795 as the nation’s first public university.
Founded by William Richardson DavieWilliam Richardson Davie was a military officer and the tenth Governor of North Carolina from 1798 to 1799 ("Welcome").
Description of UNC
- UNC-Chapel Hill, ranks among the world’s leading research universities
- 1st public school
- no religious affiliation
- located in chapel hill nc
- Campus size is 729 acres,about 30,000 students, 3696 faculty and 8287 staff.
- 78 bachelor’s, 112 master’s, 68 doctorate and seven professional degree programs through 14 schools and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- payment issued at the 16th of each month
out of state residents tuition and fees:33,624
("Cost of Attendance.")
Application Deadlines 2015
Summer I 2015
Summer II 2015
How to apply
- 300 study abroad programs and 70 countries, The minimum course load for undergraduates for a single semester is 12 academic credit hours (one hour physical education activities do not count towards academic
The maximum course load for undergraduates for a semester is 17 credit hours. If you wish to enroll for more than the credit hour limit you must obtain permission from the SILS Dean to carry a credit hour "overload". For up to 20 credits ("Academic Probation." )
financial aid and scholarships
- grants , work , scholarships, loans
- apply before march 1st
- requirements are have low income and not be able to support yourself while keeping good grades.
- scholarships: sports, good grades, low income ("Undergraduate Handbook.")
- They don't have a specific placement rate. but they do help you find jobs at unc and areas around
On campus living
- you can pick distance from the pit, apartment or house, 0-10 miles away, 200$-3000$, 1-9 rooms
- Not aloud to paint rooms, you are aloud to bring in your own items as long as it isn't ridiculous, at least one community kitchen in every dorm, you can request a roommate, search a roommate, or move in somewhere with a place that is one person empty. there are 10 atm's in 9 miles around the campus. There is a wells fargo bank that you use your one card ("Ram Village")