Say No To Drinking And Driving c:
Stay Away From Drugs Kids Just A Little Advice c:
What A DWI? And What is A Felony
A DWI is an acronym that applies to the operation of motor vehicles and a violation of driving laws. DWI stands for driving while intoxicated or driving while impaired. DUI, or driving under the influence, is another acronym sometimes used for the same violation.
A Felony, typically one involving violence, regarded as more serious than a misdemeanor, and usually punishable by imprisonment for more than one year or by death.
What Are 5 Statistics Facts On Drinking And Driving ?
- Impairment is not reliant upon the type of alcohol consumed, rather the number of drinks over a certain period of time. Despite myths and misconceptions, coffee, a cold shower, or exercise will not make a person more sober; only time will.
- On average, a drunk driver will drive 80 times under the influence before their first arrest.
- Every 53 minutes in America, a life is lost in a drunk driving crash; that equates to 27 people every day.
- For drivers under 21, the U.S. has a No Tolerance policy which does not allow any alcohol to be in the blood system while behind the wheel. The consequences could include expensive fines, loss of license, or jail.
- Every 90 seconds, someone is injured from a drunk driving incident.
- In 2011, 9,878 people were victims of drunk drivers.
What Is The Cost Of A DWI ?
The minimum cost of a first conviction for DWI in New York State is estimated at $9,500. Similar estimates of minimum costs can be made for other states.
List 30 Ways In Which A DWI Can Affect You ?
6. A $200 to $1,000 fine.
List 5 Ways To Avoid Drinking And Driving
3. Drivers can dial #77 to report drink drivers.