Pirate Parent Newsletter
August 28, 2021
Principal Advisory Council Vacancies
Basketball Spirit Wear Online Store
Backpack/Bookbag rule to be enforced starting August 31.
Voter Registration Drive August 30-September 3
Curriculum Night and Stakeholder Input Meeting
PSAT Junior Registrations
Managing COVID-19 at Stone Mountain High School
- Please do NOT send students to school that are sick. Even if you think it is just a cold, it may be something else. We all have to be careful to avoid spreading COVID and it is often disguised as mild, cold-like symptoms. If you student is sick, the absence can be excused by calling our attendance desk at 678-676-6319.
- Teachers have created seating charts to assist with contact tracing. Seating charts are an effective way to isolate potential close contacts. The close contact guidance has changed for students. As long as students are within 3-6 feet and the students correctly and consistently wear their masks, the student will not be listed as a close contact. If you have had a student sent home as a close contact, and have questions about when they can return, please contact the school at 678-676-6303.
- We have created five lunch sessions to assist with social distancing. We will also create a staggered dismissal schedule for all areas to release your students. This will assist with the predictability of dismissal and for additional social distancing as students exit the building.
- Proper mask wearing. Everyone needs to wear a mask indoors. If students are eating, we encourage them to place their mask back on as soon as possible.
- Each classroom has sanitation supplies to assist with disinfecting desks and tables after student use.
- We will check that the contact tracing QR codes are active for each room. If you as a teacher enter a space, scan the code when you enter and exit. This will allow more effective tracing for staff.
- Students must wear their masks on the bus or they will be subject to disciplinary consequences.
Unfortunately, this is our current reality, however, if we manage it effectively, we can mitigate the impact on us and our students. We can do it! If you have questions or concerns, please contact the school and we can discuss. Together, as a team, we will make this a successful and safe school year.