Supply Chain manager
What is supply chain management?
- using IT systems to look at the stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
- using information systems to control the order cycle
- evaluate the performance and quality and look for improvement
- manage staff and control resources according to any improvements
- Talk to and negotiate with suppliers and customers
- Gain new contracts and develop the business by making any improvements needed to keep the customer happy
- help to develop e-commerce (commercial transactions conducted electronically on the Internet- oxford dictionary)
- help improve and develop the business performance such as legislation, fuel costs and any environmental issues
- hard working
- good time management
- the ability to solve problems and make decisions
- commercial awareness
- numeracy skills
- a degree of IT literacy and able to handle electronic data
- someone how can cope with change
- strong interpersonal skills
- good team working skills and leadership skills
- excellent communication skills
- negotiation and analytical skills
- a positive attitude in order to work effectively
Salary and hours:
Starting wage is between £20,000 and £25,000 and with experience it can progress up to £45,000. A senior position can earn up to £60,000
Working hours is usually Monday-Friday 8am till 6pm or you could be on a rota basis.
National Careers Service. 2016. Supply chain manager job information | National Careers Service . [ONLINE] Available at: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/Pages/supplychainmanager.aspx. [Accessed 21 September 2016].
YouTube. 2016. What is Supply Chain Management? - YouTube. [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwemFfdD6VI. [Accessed 21 September 2016].