2021-22 School Year
School News & Resources for the Week of 9/20/21
Our first FULL week is over!
Dear Lion Community:
I just can't tell you how much seeing all our students back in the building warms my heart. See so many smiling kiddos back in our classrooms having FUN learning has been a joy. To our parents, guardians, and families, thank you so much for your support in getting our students back into our buildings safely!
COVID Safety Update:
- We ask that everyone wear a face mask when on campus while picking up students or dropping them off in the mornings.
- Gator Face Coverings are not allowable face-coverings UNLESS worn with a facemask. The fabric is simply too thin to limit airflow from mouths and noses.
- We appreciate everyone's help in keeping our community safe!
INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS AREAS THIS SCHOOL YEAR!
Literacy & Social Emotional Learning
Every school year we select school-wide focal areas. These are things that EVERYBODY at Patrick Lynch has a part in supporting. We wanted to share with our students families what our focus areas are and some ideas for how to help out at home.
- Knowing how to read and write well is at the foundation of every single school subject. This year we are working on strengthening our literacy program for all students.
- #1 for parents in supporting students: At the younger grades, read with your students every day and at the older grades make sure your students are reading every day.
- #2 check in with your students' teachers to see what ideas they have for how you can support your students' reading and writing progress.
- #3 Here's a great guide for parents filled with a lot of useful tips
- Participating in a safe, supportive school environment is essential to students' learning. We focus on teaching active and engaging lessons, teaching problem-solving skills, and providing individual support as needed to ensure students have their needs met and can fully engage in lessons.
- #1 for parents, check in with your kids every day and ask them how they are doing.
- #2 Send your students to school after having eaten a healthy breakfast.
- #3 If you need any resources like school supplies, clothes, food, call us (503-762-320) because we often either have the resources available or know where you can find them.