Avirett & Torres 18-19
Week of 11/12/18
Compliment Celebration Wednesday
2018 Fall Book Drive to support the LEEF Foundations for Learning
LEEF (Leander ISD Educational Excellence Foundation) collects thousands of new and gently used books throughout the year. They work with district reading specialists, as well as local charities, to get books into the hands of our highest need students and their families. The RPE Fall Book Drive donations will support the LEEF 2018 Holiday Gifting Project.
Book collection is from November 5th – November 16th
How you can help:
o Drop off your new or gently used books in the RED collection bins located in the school’s front entrance from November 5th thru November 16th, and at the Book Fair on November 8th and 9th.
o Additional Ways to Donate…
§ Purchase a book through the LEEF Amazon Wish List.
§ Make a monetary donation through their direct donation website:Donate
Our goal is to collect 350 Books to support the LEEF 2018 Holiday Gifting Project.
11/14 School-wide Spelling Bee
11/19 - 11/23 Thanksgiving Break
11/27 Picture Retakes
Our Learning Targets
Math: We can decompose a fraction in more than one way into a sum of fractions with the same denominator using concrete and pictorial models and recording results with symbolic representations. We can represent and solve addition addition and subtraction of fractions with the same denominators using objects and pictorial models. PACE: We can add and subtract fractions with different denominators using objects and pictorial models.
Science: We can describe the flow of energy through food webs.
Reading: We can analyze, make inferences, and draw conclusions while reading a variety of fiction stories.
Writing: We can write a fictional story that includes figurative language. We can revise and edit our writing.
Social Studies: We can identify the accomplishments of and economic motivations for European explorers.
This Week's Homework
This week's spelling words
Spelling Words: matter, that's, somebody, fireplace, nearby, toothbrush, anything, goodbye, flashlight, driveway, nearby, airport, forever, mailbox, homesick
Bonus Words: merciless, gleams, treacherous, warrior, oracle
Being assertive can help you join and invite others to join a group.
Students will be able to:
Identify skills for joining a group.
Demonstrate skills for joining a group.
A message from Nurse Jenny
It’s Cold and Flu season
Here are some friendly reminders to help stay virus free this season:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- If soap and water not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Cover your Cough; Cough and sneeze into a tissue then throw it away, or cough and sneeze into your upper shirt sleeve, completely covering your mouth and nose
- Wash your hands after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
· Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, and objects such as toys and doorknobs
· Stay at home while you are sickLISD follows the Texas Department of Health Guidelines for illness-related exclusions from school. A student will be sent home if they have a fever of 100.0 Fahrenheit or above or any other contagious symptoms (vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) and will need to remain home until symptom free for twenty-four (24) hours, and without the use of medications.