Anderson Weekly News 12/04/23
You are part of our TEAM!
Dates to Remember
Want these dates to automatically show up on your digital calendar? (Click here and Subscribe)
- Tues. Dec 5th - iReady Diagnostic testing window starts
- Tues. Dec 5th PTO Meeting 7-8:30 PM
- Wed. Dec 6th - Beginning Orchestra Concert 6:00 at EHS
- Wed. Dec 6th - 4th n 5th Grade Orchestra 7:30 concerts at EHS
- Wed. Dec 6th - PTO Dineout at Lou Malnati's 4-10pm (more info below)
- Fri. Dec 8th Talent Show Submissions Due
- Fri. Dec. 8th PTO Family Movie Night (more info below)
- Fri Dec. 15th - 3rd Grade Sing Performance 6:00 PM
- Wed. Dec 20th - Tekakwitha Woods Walk During PE
- Fri Dec 22nd - Student Holiday Sing @ 1:30 PM
- Fri Dec 22nd - Holiday room parties 2:20 PM
- Sat Dec 23rd thru Jan 8th WINTER BREAK (Students Return 1/9/24)
- Mon Jan 8th - NO SCHOOL- School Institute Day
- Tues. Jan 9th Welcome Back from Winter Break
- Tues. Jan 9th - Talent Show Auditions 3:00 - 4:30pm
- Tues. Jan 9th - PTO Meeting in LRC 7:00
- Thurs. Jan 11th - Talent Show Auditions 3:00 - 4:30pm
- Mon. Jan 15th - MLK Day - NO SCHOOL
- Fri. Jan 19th - PTO Bingo Night at Anderson 6:00 pm-8:00pm
Snow Gear at Recess Fun!
We are excited for students to play in the snow at recess. As you can imagine building snowmen, snow forts, and making snow trails can add an extra layer of fun. If your child wants to enjoy the snow at recess please send them to school with boots and snow pants. This keeps them warm at recess and dry when they return to the classroom. Of course our blacktop areas are snowplowed and salted for all students to use. Don't forget to add a name label to your child's snow gear.
If you have any extra new or gently used snow boots, snow pants, gloves, or hats please feel free to drop them off at the school office. Our team will make sure they get to any student who needs some winter gear.
TALENT SHOW TRYOUTS ON DECEMBER 8TH
Information on i-Ready Diagnostic assessments from the D303
Anderson PTO Movie & Craft Night
"Holiday who-be what-ee"" We are looking for some volunteers and donations to help make our Movie Night a success. Please have all donations in by the morning of 12/8. No Nuts or No Tree Nuts please! We also could use some helpers at the craft station, help set up, sell concessions, and clean up at the end of the night.
DENTAL SERVICES AT ANDERSON THRU THE MOBILE DENTIST
The Mobile Dentist is scheduled to come to Anderson Elementary on Monday, Feb. 7, 2024 They will be setting up a mini-dental office in our building and will provide dental exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments and sealants (if needed) for all children who return completed forms.
There are 3 payment options available to you – Medicaid/All Kids, private dental insurances and if children have no insurance, a reduced rate of $70 is available.
Permission forms will be sent home with students in their backpacks prior to the event. If you would rather sign up online, here is the link https://www.myschooldentist.com/AFSCIL_schsrm
Please consider taking advantage of this great program.This is a great opportunity to help with Kindergarten and Second grade compliance for their needed exams.
Please call the Health office with any questions. We look forward to assisting in providing oral health care for your child.
Elizabeth Seeger RN
District 303 is pleased to present its lineup of Parent Education sessions for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Parent Education series (formerly Parent University) includes informational meetings and workshops intended to empower parents and guardians to support their children’s academic, social and emotional needs. Become informed on specialized topics, engage in two-way dialogue with speakers and fellow parents, and become a support resource for others.
Sessions for this school year will focus on bullying prevention, addressing anxiety, and include film screenings and discussions about the impact of screen time and cultural awareness. The schedule also includes college preparation workshops hosted by our high schools. Sessions were selected based in part on feedback from District 303 parents.
Explore the full lineup of sessions here. Signup forms for each session will be made available closer to the session dates. New this year, you can also register for Parent Education notifications and receive alerts as new information and session recaps become available.