Dates to Remember:
- Friday, February 4th- ALL students on distance learning (asynchronous)- PD Day for Staff
- Thursday, February 10th- HAPA Meeting 7 pm
- Monday, February 21-25- February Vacation- No School
- Tuesday, March 1st 7 pm- SEPAC Meeting on Zoom
- Friday, March 11th- WIDA/ACCESS Testing is complete
Uniforms are Mandatory
WIDA and IReady Testing
- Monday, January 10-Friday, March 11th- WIDA testing for MLL students
- Monday, January 31st- Friday, February 18th- iReady Winter Benchmark Math- All Grades
Please be mindful of your child's attendance during these windows, as our testing is very important to get data on your child's learning.
Surveyworks for Families
District Name: The Hope Academy
School Name: The Hope Academy
February Lunch and Breakfast Menus
Next SEPAC Meeting!!
The next Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (SEPAC) meeting will be March 1st (Tuesday) at 7pm via Zoom.
The Committee is a parent group working together with the Director of Special Education, with the goal to learn and improve the education of children with disabilities at The Hope Academy. Parents to children who have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or a Section 504 Plan, must compose a majority of the board membership in accordance with R.I. regulation, however, the public is welcome to attend meetings. Refer to the meeting minutes to learn what the group has been working on.
If you are interested in joining SEPAC please reach out to Nicole Weeks, Director of Special Education. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 401 533 9226
Calendar Raffle Fundraiser: Check your students backpack for a Calendar Raffle fundraiser packet and help raise money for field trips, family events, teacher appreciation and more.
Each day in March we will draw a winner for a fantastic prize! We are asking that all our families participate by selling the 10 calendars attached to this letter. They can be sold to friends, family, coworkers, etc!
- Calendars cost $10 for 1 or $25 for 3.
- Please send in the lower portion of the calendar with your payment. This is your raffle ticket. Please make sure the payment matches the number of raffle tickets submitted.
- Make checks payable to The Hope Academy.
- Send in raffle tickets and payment anytime in February! We encourage you to have all of them submitted when we return from February Break on Monday, February 28th. We will continue to accept raffle tickets and payment in March. You will be eligible for the prizes that remain on the calendar.
- Additional calendars will be available at school should you need more than 10.
Thank you for helping make this fundraiser a success!
Valentines Card Project: If your student brought home a card making kit for the residents at The Bannister Center Nursing Home, please sent back the completed card by Wednesday, February 9th. If your student did not receive a card kit, they made their card in the classroom.
Donations Accepted: The Hope Academy accepts gently used uniforms and winter gear (coats, snow pants, boots) all year long! Send them with your student in their backpack.
Next HAPA Meeting: Thursday, February 10th at 7pm. Use the following link to join us: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84493090713
Interested in a Rugby Camp?
RI Pre-K Lottery is Now Live!
RIDE has created a 2022-23 RI Pre-K Lottery Email Notification Sign-Up form and it is now live. This will allow you to receive updates on the upcoming 2022-2023 lottery and will let you know when the lottery opens.
If you are interested in joining please follow the instructions below. The email notification sign-up is a short Google form that requires a parent/guardian name, email address, phone number, and how you heard about us.
The RI Pre-K Lottery Email Notification sign-up can be accessed in three locations:
- By clicking this link directly to the Google Form
- By visiting the RIDE homepage and clicking the round “Pre-K Lottery Email Notification Sign Up” badge on the right toolbar
- By visiting the RI Pre-K webpage on the RIDE website, and clicking the “Lottery Application” menu to reveal the link to the form.
Have a great day!
RIDE ha creado un formulario de registro de notificación por correo electrónico de la lotería de RI Pre-K 2022-23 y ya está disponible. Esto le permitirá recibir actualizaciones sobre la próxima lotería 2022-2023 y le informará cuándo se abre la lotería.
Si está interesado en unirse, siga las instrucciones a continuación. El registro de notificación por correo electrónico es un breve formulario de Google que requiere el nombre del padre/tutor, la dirección de correo electrónico, el número de teléfono y cómo se enteró de nosotros.
Se puede acceder a la notificación por correo electrónico de la lotería de RI Pre-K en tres ubicaciones:
- Al hacer clic en este enlace directamente al Formulario de Google. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdn-Y5IUKy5upPnh5OkLSheNe_GrArRR1-EyIS7f44OgetvQQ/viewform
- Al visitar la página de inicio de RIDE y hacer clic en la insignia redonda "Registrarse en la notificación por correo electrónico de la Lotería de Pre-K" en la barra de herramientas derecha. https://www.ride.ri.gov/
- Visitando la página web de RI Pre-K en el sitio web de RIDE y haciendo clic en el menú "Solicitud de lotería" para revelar el enlace al formulario. https://www.ride.ri.gov/InstructionAssessment/EarlyChildhoodEducation/RIPre-K.aspx#31841520-lottery-application
¡Qué tengas un lindo día!