Titan Talk Newsletter
August 16, 2019
Upcoming in August...
- 8/20 - Completed Physical Forms are due for Soccer Try-Outs
- 8/21 - Katha Stuart Meeting: SAES @ 9:30 a.m.
- 8/21 - Jr. Beta Meeting from 4:05 to 5:15 in the Media Center
- 8/21 & 8/22 - Soccer Tryouts will take place. Please see Coach Contrerasto pick up your required sports forms. Please remember all soccer players must provide completed physical forms. The forms must be signed by a doctor. Physical forms are due on Monday!
- 8/22 - Student Council Meeting @ 8:00 am @ E-106 - ALL GRADES COME WELCOME!
- 8/23 - Interact Interest Meeting, Room E-114 @ 8:00 a.m. - ALL GRADES WELCOME!
- 8/23 - SALE ON YEARBOOK...Order for $40 - Link: http://jostensyearbooks.com?ref=A01057097 (This will be the LOWEST price of the year...the price goes up on 8/24. )
- 8/28 - Curriculum Night, Annual Title I Parent Meeting, and PTSA General Meeting @ 6 p.m.
- 8/30 - EPMS RFF Day (EPMS students off)
- 8/30 - Lost & Found donated at end of the school day
Important Dates to Note:
ANNUAL TITLE I PARENT MEETING
SCHOOLWIDE WELCOME ADDRESS BY PRINCIPAL BOUNDS
August 28th @ 6 PM in the Gym
All parents, families, and the community invited.
August 28th @ Begins with WINN Class (6th period)
*Use Infinite Campus to print your child's schedule
All parents invited to meet the teachers!
NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
August 30, 2019
* RFF Day at Elkins Pointe
NO SCHOOL - SCHOOLS CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY
September 2, 2019
Labor Day Holiday
GET CONNECTED NIGHT
September 5th in the Cafeteria
All students, parents, and families invited!
6TH GRADE BRING YOUR PARENTS TO SCHOOL
FIRST PERIOD AND SECOND PERIOD
September 19th in the Media Center
All 6th grade parents should come between 8:35 AM - 9:45 AM
EARLY CHECK-OUT PROCEDURE @ ELKINS POINTE
Message from the Principal
I think it's going to be an amazing school year! As I visited classrooms, it was refreshing to see instruction starting from day one. I have been very impressed and have been acclaiming all week that we have the best teachers, staff, students, and parents in Fulton County.
Here are my key points for the week:
- Every student should wear their college house lanyard daily for our college system initiative.
- All students should bring their Titan binder daily as part of our school-wide AVID initiative.
- Growth mindset lessons will be provided once a week in WINN class. Parents, please use the questions on the Titan agenda to reinforce growth mindset at home.
- Curriculum Night is on Wednesday, August 28th at 6:00 p.m. All parents are invited to attend the Welcome Address, Annual Title I Parent Meeting, and then walk their child's schedule to meet the teachers.
- Note: No school for students on August 30th at Elkins Pointe, due to a Request for Flexibility (RFF) day provided by our School Governance Council (SGC).
As we close out week one, I genuinely feel Elkins Pointe is on a high trajectory. I look forward to us moving forward with learning initiatives for every student. Parents, please support students by donating to the PTSA "Team Up with the Titans!"
Have a great weekend! Thanks for all that you do!
Elkins Pointe Middle School
"Every Day, Every Student, College & Career Bound: Go Titans!"
Team Up with the Titans Fundraiser
THANK you to all of you who have Teamed Up With The Titans so far this year! We have raised 76% of our $30,000 goal due to your generous support.
If you have not yet participated, we need your help to continue supporting over 35 enrichment and educational programs such as Career Day, International Night, Field Experiences, Teacher Grants, Grade level parties and more. Please click here or stop by our table at Curriculum Night on August 28.
Also, if you have already donated $35+ but did not receive a magnet at Info Day, they will be distributed to your student during WINN class. Don't miss out - please show your support today!
Every Day...Go Titans!
Hip, Hip, Hooray for the First Day of School!
College House System
Camp Titan Up
VOLUNTEER @ EPMS
School Store Volunteers Needed!
Did you realize we have an amazing school store?? The EPMS school store is a fun and easy way to help out at the school. Open from 8:00-8:50 Tuesday-Friday and your EPMS kids can help out as well if they want! Use link below to sign up.
Contact Kelly Evers for details and to discuss training before 1st day. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our PTSA needs you! We have terrific events lined up for the 2019-20 school year, but none of it can be possible without your help. We are looking for some great parents to take the lead on committees. It’s a lot of fun, you meet terrific people and you help the students in so many ways.
- Dad’s Club
- Do you like planning social get-togethers? Do you have ideas for how Dads can demonstrate their commitment to academics? We need a Chairperson to create unique opportunities for fathers to meet each other, to be more involved and to have a presence at our school.
- Youth Day Parade
- Do you love designing things? Are you creative? Do you enjoy working with your hands? We need a Chairperson to help with the float for the Roswell Youth Parade. This person will manage the float, help with design and see the whole process through until parade day. It’s a very exciting day for our students!
- Talent Expo
- Do you love America’s Got Talent? How about American Idol? Do you love watching kids dance and sing? We need a Chairperson for our Talent Show. This person will help oversee event logistics and help put together a fantastic lineup of acts by our very own Elkins Pointe students.
Our VP of Family Engagement, Tracy Murphy is serving her second year on your PTSA board! Send her an email @ email@example.com if you are interested in these or any opportunities with the PTSA.
SALE! Yearbook...Only $40!
Order by Aug 23 2019, and get the ELKINS POINTE MIDDLE SCHOOL YEARBOOK for $40.00 That's a savings of $20.00, and will be the LOWEST price on the YEAR!
Yearbook E-commerce Link: http://jostensyearbooks.com?ref=A01057097
CLUBS, SPORTS, ETC.
Jr. Beta Meeting - 8/21 @ 4:15 pm
Soccer Try-Outs -8/21 & 8/22
Tryouts take place on Wednesday, August 21 and Thursday, August 22. Please see Coach Contreras today to pick up your required sports forms. Please remember the Preparticipation Physical Form must be signed by a Physician.
Please visit the Elkins Pointe website for the athletic forms.
Interact Club - 8/23 @ 8 am
The Interact Club will be hosting an interest Meeting on Aug.23 in Mrs. Streeter's room E-114 at 8:00 a.m. All students, from all grades...6th, 7th, and 8th are invited to join Interact for a light breakfast and to learn about the Interact Club for the 2019-2020 school-year.
Hampton Film Academy @ EPMS
SIGN UP TO BECOME A WRITER, PRODUCER, DIRECTOR, CAMERA OPERATOR, WARDROBE ARTIST, STORYBOARD ARTIST, SOUND RECORDIST, MAKEUP ARTIST, AND MORE!!!
Come be part of the Elkins Pointe Middle School and Hampton Film Academy presents Fall 2019 Afterschool Film Academy and be a part of exciting short movies filmed right at your school!
- Invite your family and friends to see your films on the big screen!
- Take pictures on the red carpet!
- Learn from real professional filmmakers!
Registration Fee: FREE!!! (Sponsored by Elkins Pointe Middle School)
Forms available in the front office and the Media Center, via email request to
firstname.lastname@example.org, or register†online†at†HamptonFilmAcademyÆcom†.
Those who sign up for the after school program will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays after
school, from 4:05 until 5:30 pm, in the media center, and will need to be picked up in the car
rider’s lane in front of the school at 5:30. Sixth, seventh, and eighth grades are all welcome.
SIGN UP, AND LET’S MAKE MOVIES!!!
Here’s what you’ll get...
● A real concept-to-screen filmmaking experience, including writing, producing,
directing, cinematography, set design, editing, audio recording, and more
● Collaboration with other aspiring filmmakers
● Interaction with film and TV industry professionals
● Official certificate of completion
● Movie credits to add to your portfolio
● Participation in the HFA-hosted end of year red carpet screening
● Connect STEAM and other interests with a film job
● Lessons from working industry professionals
● Team-building and problem-solving skills
● A digital download of your film for your reel
● The experience of a lifetime!
Running Club coming in the Fall...
THINGS TO KNOW
Annual Title I Parent Meeting - 8/28 @ 6 pm in the Gym
Elkins Pointe Middle School and Principal Damian Bounds invite all parents, families, and the community to the Annual Title I Parent Meeting.
Date: August 28, 2019
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Elkins Pointe Gymnasium, 11290 Elkins Road, Roswell, GA 30076
The Annual Title I Parent Meeting will cover the following:
Our Schoolwide Title I Program and how our school participates · Family Engagement Program: Parent Rights, School-Family Compact, Parent & Family Engagement Plan, Title I Budget, Parent Resource Center, Parent University Workshops, Parents' rights to engaged in their child’s education · How we spend Title I Funds, how our school's Title I Budget is jointly decided, 1% set-aside budget for Family Engagement · Curriculum, Assessments, and State Testing · Teacher Qualifications - Parents’ Right-To-Know
*All parents and families of Title I students are invited to participate. The purpose of the Annual Title I Parent Meeting is to inform parents of Elkins Pointe Middle School's participation under Title I, Part A, and the right of parents to be involved. Interpreter services are available at no cost through Bilingual Community Liaison or through our ESOL Department.
** If you require translator services, transportation, or childcare, please contact by August 20th:
- Title I Parent Liaison Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles at email@example.com,
- Bilingual Community Liaison Koritza Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call the front desk at 470-254-2892
8th Georgia Trip Info - Sign Up and Pay Today!
8th GRADE GEORGIA TRIP INFO
* FOR ALL 8TH GRADERS*
It is time to start saving to go on the Georgia Studies trip. Each year the 8th grade class goes on a trip to Tybee Island, Savannah, Plains, and Milledgeville to visit important historical locations that link to the 8th grade Social Studies curriculum. There will be a drop-in meeting for parents about this trip during Information Day on August 7th.
8th Grade Georgia Trip - Payment Due by Sept. 2
Step 2: Create a parent/guardian account To register your student, you must first create an account for yourself as the student’s guardian. The profile you will create will allow you to add multiple students (if you have multiple children attending) and will allow you to later add yourself as a participant (if you will be attending as a chaperone). There is no need to add a profile picture, though you are welcome. Please fill out the corresponding information to create an account for yourself.
Step 3: Add Participant Profiles This section is where you will enter information about your student. NOTE: There is NO need to click on the box which states “Enable separate login for profile.” If you are ONLY planning to register one person (student) for a field trip, you will then click “continue.” If you are registering multiple participants (in cases where you may have multiple children or are registering both a child and a spouse/adult as a chaperone), you will add the first participant, and instead of clicking “Continue,” you will add additional profiles through the same steps. Once all participants are registered, you will click “continue.”
Step 4: Find Your Event Click on “Browse Events” (towards the top left of the page), and you will see a list of available events to select. Click on the event for which you wish to register your student.
Step 5: Select Blue “Purchase” Button
Step 6: Select Payment Preference and Attendee Payment Schedule: Most trips have multiple payment options, including payment plans and pay in full. If you have a food allergy, here is where you will select the payment option with a food allergy preference. Note: If you do NOT choose food allergy payment here, we cannot guarantee your child will be provided with alternative dining options. If you select a payment plan, our system automatically charges your card on the predetermined dates listed on the trip payment schedule. We encourage you to note those dates, as your card will automatically be charged, and your bank may charge you an overdraft fee. Choose Attendee: This is where you will select the people going on the trip. If your child is the only person going, please ONLY select your child’s profile and click on the blue “continue to payment button.” If you plan to have additional people attend the trip: You must have already created their profile, you will click “+ Add Event” next to the registration on the left side of the screen. You will then go back in and repeat steps 4 and 5 for that person. Once you have everyone added (your cart will show the total number of people added to the cart), you will click “continue to payment.”
Step 7: Confirmation Once you click confirm, you will receive an email confirming your order. For questions or assistance with your registration, please email us at email@example.com
Save the Date to Get Connected - 9/5
Fulton County Schools has changed student information systems. We are now using Infinite Campus. The Infinite Campus portals - Campus Parent and Campus Student - provide access to information for all enrolled students in their household. Information includes grades, attendance, assignments, and school announcements.
STUDENT LOGIN INFORMATION:
- STUDENT LOGIN: student's ID
- STUDENT PASSWORD: MMDDYYYY
CLICK ON LINKS BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
- FCS Infinite Campus Site
- Infinite Campus Flyer (English)
- Infinite Campus Flyer (Spanish)
- Infinite Campus Video
Have questions regarding your Parent/Student Portal account?
Help is available by calling 470-254-2700 Monday through Friday, 7:30AM - 6:00PM or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade FASTPASS Carpool
PARENT & FAMILY ENGAGEMENT @ THE POINTE
New Parent Orientation - Parent University
- Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles, Title I Parent Liaison
- Koritza Rodriguez, Title III Bilingual Community Liaison