CWES Staff News
Week of Feb 15-19, 2016
In the Know....
I hope you had an enjoyable extra day and a Happy Valentines Day! We have a short week but a few important things are going on this week :
- Tuesday we will be having a brief faculty meeting in the media center.
- A FC Personalized Learning Committee will be visiting our school on Feb 17 from 8-10. This a time to showcase what you are doing with technology in your classes and with your students.
- IST interviews went well and once the candidate is offered and accepted the job, I will let you know who it will be and when they will start. We will be sharing the position with Birmingham Falls ES.
- Budget opens on Feb 17 so I will know staffing information this week and will be sharing soon. I do know our enrollment will be going down to 850... so they say :).
- Please do not forget to look over your supply lists with your Grade Chair and return them to Sharon ASAP.
Have a great week!
SEED FUND update
The Fulton Education Foundation is pleased to recommend a Seed Fund grant award of $98,500.00 to Cogburn Woods ES to fund the following concept:
Cogburn Grows Green -- $98,500.00.
The Seed Fund review team was impressed with your application and interview and, after the final stage of board consideration and action, looks forward to seeing the positive impact of your concept on your students and school community.
More information as we meet on March 10 for our faculty meeting. This is a great opportunity for all our students.
SCG Elections..... we need YOU!!!
Cogburn Woods will be electing new representatives to serve on the School Governance Council. The following parent/guardian positions and teacher positions are open for election this spring:
1 parent/guardian (2 year term), 1 teacher (2 year term)
Our School Governance Council has a leadership role in the governance of the school. The Council works with the principal on the long-term vision and strategy for the school. They are responsible for approving the school’s strategic plan and budget recommendations, as well as design innovative solutions to increase academic achievement and meet
the unique needs of our school community. This past year, our Council worked diligently to complete our Strategic Plan and develop a proposal for a Seed Fund request. That process is still ongoing. Updates can be found in our minutes and on the bulletin board by the front office.
Elections for the parent/guardian and teacher positions on the School Governance Council will be held March 23rd-March 29th. Candidates interested in running for an elected position on the Council must complete a candidate declaration form and submit to the district office by March 1st.
Candidate forms may be submitted electronically (click appropriate link below, complete form and click ͞submit͟) or by mail (get a copy of the form from the school’s front office and follow mailing instructions on the back of the form). For additional information on our School Governance Councils and elections, view our School Governance Council webpage or read the School Governance Council Candidate Guide below.