The Greendell Gosling Flyer
Welcome Message from Principal Shannon on August 12, 2020
Our First Day of School is Almost Here!
This Monday, August 17th, is our first day of school. Hooray!
While we could have never envisioned a first day like this, we are still feeling the same sense of anticipation and hopefulness the beginning of the school year brings. I always look forward to this time in August when we welcome families back to school. This year, as we get ready to begin our classes online, I am looking forward to seeing our families, as we share the joy of watching our children learn and grow together, build friendships, and become an amazing part of our school community!
I will be seeing you in our classroom meetings throughout distance learning, visiting classrooms has always been a priority for me and this has not changed. I love seeing our dedicated staff fostering each child's love of learning and building strong relationships that children can rely on. The social and emotional wellness of our children is incredibly important during this time which we have always focused on with our young students at Greendell. We have all been working tirelessly to continue this work and ensure that children and their families feel connected and welcome at our school.
Your teacher will be reaching out to you this week with more details on the what the first days of school will look like and what to expect. There is also important information below on picking up materials and checking out a device for your child. Please reach out if you have questions - we are all happy to help!
Request a Device
- If your child does not have access to a device to participate in distance learning, please complete this survey to request a device.
- Devices will be distributed with classroom materials on August 14th.
Classroom Materials Pickup and Device Distribution is this Friday, August 14th at Greendell
Please see your pickup time for Friday, August 14th below:
- Preschool Learning Centers from 10:00am-11:00am
- Young Fives - Teacher Lissa Kaplan from 11:00am-12:00pm
- Young Fives -Teacher Kathleen Parkinson from 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Please email Fiona if you are unable to attend on August 14th
To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have planned a drive-up materials/device pick up.
Please follow the following safety protocols during the pickup:
- Please stay in the car and follow the arrows marking the route
- Wear a mask
- Display child’s name in passenger window
- Pause at packet pick-up location
- Open trunk or back window of car
- Receive student’s materials
- If you need a device, continue to device pick-up
- Proceed to exit
- Thank you - stay well!