Leonardo da Vinci
Our Inventor Project
- da Vinci means "of Vinci".
- When da Vinci died he left behind 6,000 journal pages with musings, grocery lists, and bawdy jokes.
- He also desired for lasting fame and he deeply thought about what would happen to him if he became famous.
- This all led up to a movie called "Inside the Mind of Leonardo."
- da Vinci's drawings showed that his thoughts were ahead of his century.
- In August ,2003,da vinci's modonna of the yarnwinder,valued at 65 million dollars.
- Leonardo was the first to explain why the sky is blue.(It's because of the way air scatters light.)
- And he figured out why the moon is dimily visible when it is a thin crescent.
"He who thinks little, errs much."
"Simpilicity is the ultimate sophistication."
"Art is never finished, only abandoned."
"When once you have tested flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long return."
Leonardo's parents were Caterina and Piero Fruosino di Antonio da Vinci. His brothers were Giovanni ser Piero, Guglielmo ser Piero, Pandolfo ser Piero, Giulimo ser Piero, Bartolomeo da Vinci, and Domencio ser Piero. His sisters were Violante di ser Piero da Vinci, and Magdelena di ser Piero da Vinci,and Margherita ser piero.
These are 3 of Leonardo da Vinci's most greatest inventions. The first one is the Self-Propelled Cart invented in 1478 it was supposed to help people get around faster like a car does. His second one is the Ball Bearing which was originally invented in 1498 but had to be fixed and came out again in 1500 it was supposed to help people solve the friction between the Aerial Screw to fly. The third invention was the Aerial Screw the date was unknown wh0 invented to help people fly like a helicopter does.