County Seat: Elizabeth City
"Where the current of the stream divides"
Paskquotank County is highlighted in purple
Pasquotank County Board of Commissioners
Elizabeth City- County Seat
Elizabeth city is also the largest city in Pasquotank County. The city is the hub of the Elizabeth City Micropolitan Statistical area, and as of 2010 has a population of 64,094.
Pasquotank County's Region:
Pasquotanks Coutny is located in the coastal region in the state of North Carolina. Pasquotank also sits on the Albermarle Sound and the Pasquotank river. Pasquotanks is also home to the Dismal Swamp State Park. Pasquotank's neighboring counties include: Camden, Gates, and Perquimens County
History of Pasquotank County
- The name "Pasquotank" comes from the old Algonquan Indian word "Pasketanki", which means "where the current of the stream divides and forks".
- Pasquotank County was among the first settled areas in North Carolina, along with Currituck, Camden, Perquimens, and Chowan Counties.
- Pasquotank is said to be home town of Edward Teach, better known as Blackbeard
Things to do, Places to see
Pasquotank is home to many scenic and touristic places, including:
- The Museum of the Albermarle: a speciality museum
- The Great Dismal Swamp: a natural landmark
- Arts of the Albermarle: art gallery
- Port Discover: science museum
- Downtown waterfront market in Elizabeth City