The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 8/25/2019
Fall Sports Begin on September 10th! Action Required!
Students will not be permitted to participate in fall sports (Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Field Hockey, Cross Country) or intramurals (Floor Hockey) without a current sports physical and health history update. IMPORTANT: When the portal opens on Monday, check Genesis to confirm your child’s forms are up to date. See directions here: http://bit.ly/2XeA5Ha
Sports physicals are valid for 365 days from the date of your child’s exam. Physicals must have an exam date of 9/11/18 and later to be valid for the fall sports season. If the exam date is 9/10/18 or earlier, your child will need a new physical for the fall sports season. (Sports physicals cannot expire before or on the day the season begins).
Please be advised that once the season begins on September 10th,
NO PAPERWORK will be accepted. There will be no exceptions.
Contact Mrs. King RN, School Nurse if you have any questions.
Does Your Child Require Medication in School?
Does your child have an epi pen? Do they sometimes need an inhaler in school? The nurse cannot administer medication without an order from your healthcare provider (even over the counter medications!). Forms may be found here: http://bit.ly/2TZ1zjo
All medication and necessary forms should be brought to school by a parent or guardian before school begins on September 5th. Mrs. King RN, School Nurse, is available August 26th-28th from 8:00am-2:00pm.
If you cannot make these dates please contact Mrs. King.
Helpful Hints from the Main Office
Attached please find some helpful hints for signing a student out early, dropping off items, visiting, and reporting absent/late students: http://bit.ly/2m7hG1m
Morning Drop Off
- Morning drop off begins at 7:00am at the side entrance. Students should wait with their parents until 7:00am. There is no supervision in the building prior to that time; therefore, students will not be permitted in the building until 7:00am.
- Due to the high volume of cars dropping off in the morning, parents are encouraged to drop their child off prior to 7:30am.
- Please note our one-way traffic pattern diagram. See attached map: http://bit.ly/2vxm2AZ
- Drop off is curbside only at the side entrance.
- Please maintain a speed of no more than 5 miles per hour when traveling in the parking lot, to ensure the safety of staff and students.
- Please also maintain a single line of traffic; please do not pass other vehicles as students and staff members may be walking through the parking lot.
Welcome New Faculty & Staff!
- Ms. Brophy - Teacher Assistant
- Ms. Cisek - Special Education Teacher
- Mrs. Cook - Digital Arts Teacher
- Mr. DiStasi - 6th Grade Social Studies Teacher
- Mrs. DiStasi - Office Assistant
- Mrs. Gleason - Interim 7th Grade Math Teacher
- Ms. Waldron - Interim Guidance Counselor
- Ms. Wyrwa - Middle School Language Arts Program Coordinator
Free and Reduced Lunch Program
Mark Your Calendar
- Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 8:00pm: Board of Education Meeting, 384 West Main Street, Freehold
- Thursday, September 5, 2019: First day of the 2019-2020 school year!
- Thursday, September 5, 2019: Optional Locker Set Up (see above)
- Friday, September 6, 2019: Optional Locker Set Up (see above)
- Monday, September 9, 2019: Optional Locker Set Up (see above)
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 @ 7:00pm: Board of Education Meeting, 384 West Main Street, Freehold
- Thursday, September 12, 2019 @ 6:30pm: Back To School Night
- Monday, September 16, 2019 @ 6:30pm: PTO Meeting in the STEAM Center
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019@ 8:00pm: Board of Education Meeting, West Freehold School