August 26, 2022
Grandparents Day is Coming!
We are actively planning for Grandparents Day celebrations which will occur the week of September 6th. Here are some items for your consideration:
- Tuesday September 6- Grandparents of students in Pre-K and Kindergarten are invited from 1:45-3
- Wednesday September 7th- Grandparents of students in 1st and 2nd grade are invited from 1:45-3
- Thursday September 8th-Grandparents of students in 3rd and 4th grade are invited from 1:45-3
- Friday September 9th-Grandparents of students in 5th and 6th grade are invited from 1:45-3
- Doors Opening-Doors will open to Grandparents at 1:20. Grandparents will be invited to browse the Book Fair until 1:40. At 1:40 Grandparents will head to meet their grandchild.
- Schedule- Grandparents will spend time in the classroom and then will also be able to shop the Book Fair, complete an art project, visit a photo booth, and enjoy a cookie with their grandchild.
- RSVP for your Grandparent- In order to adequately plan for grandparents we ask parent guardians to complete to Google form below. Please note this form also gives parents the option to allow students to leave with their designated grandparent at 3:00.
- Book Fair and eWallet Shopping- Don't forget to set up your student's eWallet account for cashless, stressless shopping! Friends and family can even contribute funds! The eWallet window is open now through Monday, September 5. This will not be available during the week of the Book Fair as our staff in the Library will spend all of their time assisting students in selecting books. Funds not used in e-Wallet are not refundable, but can can be used at the May Book Fair. Set up information is listed below.
Elementary Bus Expectations for Shawnee Heights
Library Resources for Parents
Recently the USD 450 Board of Education requested a formal process for parents to restrict access to specific titles within their child's school library. This process has been formalized and is ready to use. Parents who wish to restrict their child's access to specific titles should complete the Library Checkout Restriction Form and forward it to their child's librarian. Each library's webpage includes a link to the Destiny online catalog, librarian contact information, and a link to the Library Checkout Restriction Form.
Berryton Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Support our PTO
Upcoming Dates and Events
- September 5- No School- Happy Labor Day!
- September 6- Grandparent's Day Festivities for ECSE, Pre-K and Kindergarten at 1:45 pm
- September 6- Shawnee Heights Board Meeting at SHHS- 7 pm
- September 7-Grandparent's Day Festivities for 1st and 2nd Grade at 1:45 pm
- September 8- Grandparent's Day Festivities for 3rd and 4th Grade at 1:45 pm
- September 8- Bookfair Open from 4:30-7 pm for all BES Families
- September 9- Grandparent's Day Festivities for 5th and 6th Grade at 1:45 pm
- September 13- PTO Meeting at 6 pm
- September 16- Picture Day at BES
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.