Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
September 4, 2015
Mrs. Krapinski's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @Skrapinski
Scholastic Book Orders
A new scholastic book order came home this week! For every book a student orders, a new book is added to our classroom library! If you prefer to order online the link is below. Our class code is GTGV7
Happy Shopping & Reading!
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
- Monday, Sept. 7th- Labor Day...NO SCHOOL
- Friday, Sept. 11th- 1/2 day for students- dismissal at 12:00
- Thursday, Sept. 24th- Field trip...information sent home on Friday
- Friday, Sept. 25th- Grandparent's Day
This Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- No School
- Tuesday- Day 1 Music
- Wednesday- Day 2 Art
- Thursday- Day 3 PE
- Friday- Day 4 Music
What's Happening in Mrs. Krapinski's Class
- This week we will continue introducing our reading workshop and daily 5 activities.
- Students will continue to practice reading independently.
- We will begin talking about small moments in the books that we read and relate that to our own lives and our writing.
We will continue to explore connections we make in stories we read.
- Students will continue working on daily 5 as I get to know each of them better as readers. :)
- We will review Number Sense on Tuesday with a study guide that was sent home today
- Students will have their test on Wednesday
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
- We will begin writing our small moment stories this week.
- We will concentrate on adding characters and settings to our stories.
- We will also take a closer look at sensory details.
- We will work to make sure our stories have a beginning, middle, and end.
Vocab, Grammar, and Spelling
* SWIP/RAH will be due Friday, Sept. 11th.
* We will continue exploring our roots "grad" and "sens" with an in class assignment on Friday
* We will continue to learn about the 4 types of sentences.
* We will begin reviewing capitalization and subject/predicate
NWEA testing has been completed and we will be sharing those results with you next Friday afternoon via e-mail. A letter will also be sent explaining in more detail about the NWEA testing results.
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
Background Checks & Anti-bullying Video
Visitors Lunches Starts After Labor Day, Tuesday, September 8th
Book Fees Have Been Posted on Skyward
Snack Attack Snack Drive starting Monday, Aug 24th
Snack Attack provides TCE students in need with a sack of healthy snacks to take home on Fridays to help them through the weekend until they can return to school on Monday for a hot meal.
Our Dad’s Club is sponsoring our Snack Drive starting Monday, Aug 24th. Please consider donating individually wrapped snack items. Bins will be located outside of the school office. Suggested items include: granola bars, pudding, popcorn, fruit cups, crackers, etc.
If your child is in need and would appreciate receiving these weekly bags of snacks, please contact our school counselor, Mrs. Jackie Fiesbeck, at 594-4310 or email@example.com. The recipients of Snack Attack remain confidential.
It’s a great day to be a Cardinal and support our students! Thank you for considering a donation of a snack item to our Snack Drive!