Physical Education/Health Education
In this class, students will be graded based on participation and how well they adapt and grow throughout the semester. We will be going over a wide array of physical exercises and sports, which students will be given information on each week to further their knowledge. We will have some days where we work in the weight room, and days where we simply stretch and work on flexibility. Students with disabilities will have their needs met in this class, as that is vital for them to grow as well.
In the Health Education classroom, we will be exploring different ways to eat, work, and play in a healthy way. We will be discussing the negative effects of different drugs on the body, and different ways to exercise and be healthier in general. There is some information that we will be going over which requires some amount of maturity from the student, which will be talked about prior to this information.
To get involved with the Wrestling team at Northwest High School, contact coach Michael Butterfield and he will accomodate you with the information needed to get signed up. Also, talk to other people on the team and they will help you get signed up. It is going to be a great year, as we strive to win conference and get our name on the map.
ATTENTION - CLASS WILL BE STARTING TENNIS NEXT WEEK
Classroom Rules - Physical Education
Classroom Rules will be handed out at the beginning of the semester, but this list is for parents and guardians to review:
1. Get dressed in appropriate Physical Education uniform.
2. Come out to gym, sit in assigned place for attendance.
3. Follow given instructions by Mr. Butterfield, or cooperating teachers.
4. Treat others with respect.
5. Treat equipment with respect.
6. Absolutely, no violence.
7. Participate to the best of your ability.
Classroom Rules - Health Education
1. Sit down, students may talk until the bell rings at the beginning of the period.
2. Show respect to teachers, classmates, and school staff.
3. Pay attention, ask questions, and participate.
4. Turn in assignments on time, late work will decrease in letter grade with each day it is late.