By: Meghan Kendall & Sierra Mayerson
What is it?
How it's inherited/caused
- Blue tint to the whites of their eyes
- Multiple bone fractures
- Early hearing loss
More severe cases
- Bowed legs & arms
How OI affects the life on an individual
OI happens to make someone feel uncomfortable and may restrain them from doing normal daily activities that others participate in.
- A lot of stress is put on the body causing splints, casts, and braces to be used.
- Form of OI restrict the lungs causing breathing to be difficult.
- Hearing aids or capping of the teeth may be necessary as well.
- A person with OI has a 50% chance of passing it to their children.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta.“ World of Health. Gale, 2007. Science In Context. Web. 22 May 2013.
PubMed Health. A.D.A.M, 2 Aug. 2011. Web. 22 May 2013. <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002540/#adam_001573.disease.symptoms>. Crap test: Encyclopedia