The Bowerman Star
November 9, 2015
Way To Go! Next Steps...
Now that we have accomplished such a high usage, K-2 teachers let's begin to dabble with the free apps that are available to us. I will be emailing you a link to a document where the the curriculum department has compiled a list of reputable and relevant learning apps. Once you have a chance to peruse and to speak with your grade level partners, decide on some you feel will work for you and your kids. If you find that you need assistance with downloading apps, please contact Sharon Deese and she may either be able to assist or find someone who can.
Have fun with trying out some new apps, but please continue to focus on the importance of meeting minutes on Lexia. Thank you!
Nov. 9 K-2 Literacy Night 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Nov. 10 Angie Valchev will be here to meet our staff at 3:15 in the Library
Nov. 10 Appy Hour 4:30-6:00 p.m. at the Central High School Commons
Nov. 11 Veterans' Day
Nov. 11 Veterans' Day programs
- K-5 at 1:30 p.m.
- Community 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Nov. 11 Mrs. Webb out for district leadership meetings
Nov. 16 Baby Shower!
Nov. 17 Hamlin in the Morning at 7:00 a.m. in Library
Nov. 20 STAR Store
Nov. 20 Mrs. Webb out for Leadership Springfield
Nov. 25-27 Thanksgiving Vacation
Fire Drill Coming!
Be prepared for a fire drill to happen this week!
Week of Nov. 9-13
If you find that there may be a foreign language barrier with a parent or guardian, there is help! Please contact the office and we can arrange to contact an SPS recommended interpreter to help out.
Week of Nov. 9-13
Information for YOU!
- 3rd-5th Grade Teachers: The goal is to make sure that student devices go home with a specific purpose by Thanksgiving. What is your plan for making this happen? There is footwork to happen prior to devices going home. Remember that you need to contact me when you are ready, We will need to send home a parent prep letter at least 3-4 days prior to devices going home.
- Our IGNiTE goal is to make sure 3rd -5th grade students are experiencing reading text online. Digital literacy is huge! What does it look like in your mind? How will our students know when they are experiencing online digital literacy?
- Please be reflective and make sure you are using our established building-wide behavior system. Things to remember:
2. Specials should not be taken from students as a consequence for behaviors (that do not happen as a result of playground behavior).
- PE equipment will no longer be available to classes to take outside during recess. These items will be reserved for Coach Runnels and Coach Orfs PE classes. Thank you!
- I will be in and out of all classrooms this week, but will conducting Tower observations in 3rd and 4th grades.
- See Mrs. Schindele's link (below) for a quick video on RESPONSIBILITY.
- If you have not done so, consider moving forward with involving your class to set a class attendance goal. There is nothing better than seeing a group of kids work together toward a common goal! :)
- Jeans Days-a-Plenty! With the sale of jeans tickets for the Pay It Forward campaign, we will be having lots of jeans days. Please check in with Mrs. Lori on the days you are using a jeans coupon and she will give you a stamp. Please keep in mind that even in jeans we should look like the professionals we are. Please leave the jeans at home if I have communicated in advance that we will have district VIPs in the building. Thank you!
- If you would like to give a colleague a pat on the back, consider filling out an online recognition form. The link is as follows: http://www.springfieldpublicschoolsmo.org/pages/SPSMO/DistrictInfo/Springfield_Learning_Model/Staff/Employee_Recognition_Form
- Please pick up a few Outstanding Behavior and Academic Achievement forms from the front office. If you have a student that is “walking on water” with improving their behavior and/or academic status, please consider filling one out. We will recognize these ‘outstanding’ award winners during our monthly Bowerman Star assemblies.
Nov 11 Mike Runnels
Nov 14 Carolyn Sharp
Nov 20 Carmen Gheorge
Nov 24 Stephanie Reid
Nov 26 Kristie Bennett
The mission of the Bowerman community is to equip our students to be successful and literate 21st century learners.