George Hildebrand Weekly
Sept. 19-23, 2016
Review of last week...
As an extra incentive for teacher participation, the three teachers who raise the most money, will get to wear jeans for a week.
We also had a GREAT turnout with Grandparents visiting our students! I know our students were super excited to have visitors at lunch! Next year, we may have to do more than two days.
Please remember to review the faculty meeting notes from September if needed. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!
September Character Trait:
What are we doing?
Task analysis= Task predicts performance
Data should drive classroom instruction
Our ultimate goal is to build great, lasting relationships.
As we being our fourth week with this program, please remember to include your standards.
Below is the 'cheat sheet' from last week's newsletter. Again, if you need any help, please see Ms. Compton.
Upcoming events...remember to check GHES Calendar, too!
Happy Birthday, Kelly Carswell!!!
Continue STAR, mClass, and Reading3D assessments all week
Have submitted Spelling Bee names to Armour
PreK and K Dental Screenings
Reading Committee Meeting 3pm in Hodges room
Tuesday, Sept. 20-
Happy Birthday, Meghan Armour and Amanda Arel!!!
4th grade field trip: Morganton Courthouse/City Hall
Jandrew to CO for PDP@ 11:30am
Wednesday, Sept. 21-
Thursday, Sept. 22-
SST Meeting 2:30pm
Friday, Sept. 23-
Spelling Bee 8:40am
Attendance Committee Meeting 10am
Saturday, Sept. 24-
EBHS Cavalier Fest 9-2pm
- Keep doors to copy room shut. We do not want little ones to 'wander' in there especially when laminator is on and HOT!
- Sign-up for Big Bulletin Board assignments (we'll do seasons). E-mail went to grade level/special area chairs.
- Thank you for clocking into TimeKeeper each morning by 7:30am.
- Hospitality dues ($25 certified; $20 classified) are due to Marie Clay by Oct. 1st
- If you choose to wear jeans on Fridays, please remember to wear a school shirt or school-color shirt. See Marie Clay regarding payments.
- Make sure you are checking your Class Dojo messages and promptly responding
- Check e-mail daily
- Book Fair starts the last week in September.
- PTO Program Sept. 29th (1st grade presents; Annual Public Title 1 Meeting)
- Next Faculty Meeting: Oct. 6th. ALL staff to attend (ValuTeacher Retirement presentation)