Wooten Family Weekly
October 5th -9th 2020
Haga clic en el botón de accesibilidad para traducir a cualquier idioma. Si estas usando un cell haga clic en la imagen de la persona.
Click on the accessibility button to translate to any language. if you are using a cell, click on the image of a person
What's happening at Wooten this week?
Grab-n-go breakfast will be served from 7:30-7:55 am & all will go through the lunch line.
Pre-K/Kindergarten/Early childhood Special Education & Life skills start in-person classes.
Monday is World Teachers Day! Thank your teacher
Dismissal is at 3:08 p.m.
AISD Pride Week Celebrations will occur through out the district.
No classes this Friday.
Arrival and Dismissal map, please follow new procedures. No parents allowed in the building.
This week Parents, please fill in the Title 1 Compact 20-21.
No classes this Friday October 9th, enjoy the day off! Teacher will have staff development.
October 13-Campus Advisory Council is 3:15-5:00 on Zoom. Please contact the office at 512-414-2315, if you'd like to join this council. We make decisions that affect all students and need parent participation. Please get involved if you can.
Looking ahead to November:
- 2nd- Principal Coffee 9am via Zoom
- 3rd- Election Day no classes for students / Staff PD
- 23rd- 1st 9 weeks Grading period window closes.
- 23rd-27th- Thanksgiving Holiday
PARENT REQUEST TO CHANGE LEARNING PREFERENCE ROUTINE & FORM
- This past week we have extended the deadline for parents to change their learning preference of either virtual or in-school. Effective 10/2/20 we closed the option to make any on-campus immediate changes.
- However, Parents may request, in writing, their preference to change to the on-campus instructional preference.
- You will need to complete the form attached or come to the main office to get the form.
- Changes will be granted, but at the 9-week marking period. This is only for those wanting on-campus instruction.
- If your students are already on-campus and decide to go virual, that may be done at any time the parent decides. But we need for you to inform Mr. Ibarra, Ms. Sanchez or Mr. San Segundo to update the instructional preference spreadsheet
MAP GROWTH UPDATE -- GOOD NEWS
- KG - MAPgrowth BoY Eliminated do only the TX-KEA
- 1-5 MAPgrowth BoY window extendended to November 20 for Reading & Math
- PK4 Circle PM MoY- Eliminated
- K-5 MAPgrowth MoY has been eliminated *except for the 1st grade dyslexia screener
Austin ISD Board Designates Election Day, November 3rd as Student Holiday
The Austin ISD Board of Trustees approved an update to the 2020-21 school year calendar, changing the Oct. 12 student holiday to Election Day, Nov. 3.
To accommodate a student holiday for Election Day, the district moved the professional development day, previously scheduled for Monday, Oct. 12, to Nov. 3, federally recognized Election Day.
This change will not affect the number of instructional days or the daily instructional time for students. A student holiday for Election Day will decrease the number of people on campuses that may potentially be used as voting sites for the general election. It will also encourage a lower capacity for a campus and allow for greater social distancing for voters to assist in limiting the spread of COVID-19.
Election Day in the United States is held on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November. For the 2020 election, it will be Tuesday, Nov. 3. Campuses within AISD have traditionally been used as polling sites on this day, increasing the number of people on and around a campus and limiting the use of the school building by students and staff.
The 2020-21 school calendar was originally approved at the Jan. 27, Regular Board Meeting. On Aug. 6, the Board of Trustees approved a change to the school calendar moving the start and ending dates of the school year and limiting the number of professional development days during the instructional year. The board discussed the latest change to the calendar during the Sept. 14 Board Information Session.
Location: 1406 Dale Drive, Austin, TX, USA