Date: September 15, 2019
Quote of the Week
"Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal."
-E. Joseph Cossman
We begin our Boosterthon fundraiser and character program this week with the funrun taking place next week. This is the PTA's main fundraiser for the year. We appreciate your flexibility with scheduling, help with program communication, and enthusiasm to help make this program successful. Please see information below for further details. We hope that you have a great week. Enjoy and spread joy in the week ahead!
Peter, Sarah, and Aaryn
- Leadership Team Meeting: We are going to reschedule our first meeting from this Tuesday, 9/17, to next Tuesday, 9/24, due to the brief Boosterthon Teacher Meeting this week.
- Boosterthon Pep Rallies: The program kicks off Tuesday with the Pep Rallies. See the times below. Staff may wear jeans on 9/17 for the Pep Rally with a Boosterthon Shirt or SES shirt.
- Boosterthon Teacher Meeting: This will be held at 2:50 on Tuesday. The Boosterthon team will share details on this year's program. This will last around 15-20 minutes. Teachers should plan to attend.
- Boosterthon Huddles: This year the team huddles will take place in the gym during the first 10-15 minutes of related arts. Homeroom teachers may take the kids to the gym during that seven day period, 9/18-9/25, and then pick them up at their scheduled location.
- Wednesday: We are having our PD sessions this Wednesday beginning at 2:50. K/1st - ELA, 2nd/3rd - Math, and 4th/5th - STEAM.
- MTSS Meetings: We have our first MTSS Meeting this Thursday. Please let admin or Mrs. Williams know if you have any questions.
- SLO Reminders: STAR testing should be completed by 9/20. Reflections should be done by 9/27. SLO meetings will be held at the beginning of PLC meetings on 10/1.
Penny Chapman, 9/15
- 9/16: Peter on Annual Leave
- 9/17: ELA PLC's; Boosterthon Pep Rallies (K-2 at 12:55, 3-5 at 1:35); Boosterthon Teacher Meeting at 2:50 in the MC
- 9/18: PD Sessions at 2:50; Peter at Special Services Interviews
- 9/19: MTSS Meetings; Spirit Night at Whit's Custard
- 9/24: Leadership Team Meeting at 2:50
- 9/26: Boosterthon FunRun