Brewster School Newsletter
May 13, 2016
I think it's safe to say spring is finally here!
You Make Me Wanna Shout
- To Ruth for an outstanding Art Show. Every year you continue to amaze us with the outstanding, creative artwork our students produce.
- To Christina Toti for covering a kindergarten recess at the last minute.
- To Brian Baranowski who will be graduating with his MSW (Masters in Social Work) from Spring college.
- To everyone for being very flexible on Friday with the sub shortage.
- I realize you are not ready for your Summative meetings at this time but just a reminder that we need to meet before the end of the year. So please stop by to schedule your Summative meeting with Patti. I just want to get them on the calendar.
- Based on recommendations from the Team Leaders the lunch times for the Dance Festival have been pushed back to allow parents to work a half day and avoid the long wait time. Kindergarten and pre-school will eat at 12:30, first grade at 12:45 and second grade at 1:00. The dancing will begin at 1:45. In the letter that was sent home this week parents were notified of the lunch times for each grade level.
- Since lunch coverage is always difficult, it was mentioned that some teachers may be willing to get their half hour lunch coverage earlier then eat with their class. Please let me know if this is an option for you. No pressure I pretty much have the lunches covered.
- On Thursday, May 19th Lou Brockell, a Durham EMS, will be visiting Brewster in recognition of National EMS week. He will be talking to the students about emergency services and showing them the inside of an ambulance. The whole school is invited to attend at 2:00 in the gym. Please review appropriate behavior with the children before they attend. Thanks.
- The Lucy Calkins literacy units have arrived. Sandy is in the process of stamping them. When completed they will be delivered to your room. Just a reminder, you are NOT expected to use these units this year, we will be using them next year.
- No Team Leader meeting on Monday.
- Cool Cats will be performing at 10:00 on the morning of the Dance Festival
Please schedule a 15 minute meeting with me during the week of May 23rd to review your class list recommendations.
- The Spring Assessment schedule is as follows: STAR Reading and Math: May 9 - May 27, F&P, DRP, PSI: May 16 - June 3 and the DIBELS will be May 23 - June 3rd.
Good Apple nominations are due to Meg Maloney on May 27th.
May 17 - Grade 2 Field trip to Lincoln Theater
May 19 - EMS presentation at 2:00
May 20 - Wedding celebration at Tuscany for Christina Zauner!!!!!! Please join us.