WARREN EARLY GAZETTE
ALL Scholars are Capable, Creative, and Unique Investigators
Mr. Gearlds' Corner
Is your child returning to ECC next year? If not, do you know someone with a PreK scholar? If so, please stop by the Main Office and get your spot reserved for the 2016-2017 school year. Our spots are already filling up. Even if your scholar is here at ECC this year, you must re-enroll for Preschool for next year.
Are you interested in applying for the On My Way PreK vouchers? If so, please use the following link to apply online: http://www.onmywayprek.org/ or stop by the Main Office to get a paper copy. Our front office staff will assist in faxing information to the state. The deadline is March, so please complete and submit information as soon as possible.
MSD Warren Township will host a Legislative Forum next Saturday, January 23, 2016. The event will take place at the Warren Township Education and Community Center located at 975 N. Post Road. The Forum will begin at 9am. I encourage you to attend this forum and hear from Local and State Leaders, as well as from many administrators here in Warren Township.
Reminder... we are CLOSED for both, Preschool and Daycare, as we observe Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday. Please enjoy the 3-day weekend and we will see everyone back in action on Tuesday.
Have a great weekend ECC Family and Warrior Nation!
Stay in the Know at ECC...
On My Way PreK Vouchers
On My Way PreK Vouchers went out on Wednesday. For those considering to apply or re-apply, the applications are currently available at http://www.onmywayprek.org/ . You may also stop by our Main Office and pick up a copy either in English or Spanish. The deadline to submit the application is Friday, March 25, 2016. The beginning of April is when families will find out if they have been chosen for the OMW PreK Program.
Make Reading Time Count
Did You Know?
- There can be a lot more to reading time than simply reading the book.
- By asking your child questions, you can help your child become the storyteller.
- As your child answers questions about the story, your child's oral language skills improve.
- Talking about the story with your child can quickly improve your child's language development in a short time.
What You Can Do
- The first time, read the book all the way through.
- The next time you read the book, ask "what" questions.
- Expand on what your child says.
- Ask your child to repeat new words and ideas.
Sleep Tips for Preschoolers
It's so important for children of all ages to get a good night's sleep each night. This allows their brains to rest before an active day inside the classroom. Here are some strategies for you to think about if your scholar is not getting 8-10 hours of sleep each night.
- Maintain a regular and consistent sleep schedule.
- Have a relaxing bedtime routine that ends in the room where the child sleeps.
- Children should sleep in the same sleeping environment every night, in a rooms that is cool, quiet and dark.
- Children should go to bed without a television and/or electronic device on. This stimulation will not relax their brain.
Warren Early Childhood Center Contact Information
Janelle Johnson- ECC Treasurer
Dawn McManigal- Daycare Secretary
- January 18, 2016-- No School or Daycare. "MLK Jr. Day"
- January 25, 2016-- DeVore's Class to Ft. Harrison Vet
- February 1, 2016-- Pennies for Patients Kicks-off (More details to come)
Weather Delay/Closure Information
- Daycare will open at 6am for those that are already registered.
- Full Day PreK will begin at 10:30am.
- 1/2 Day AM PreK will be Cancelled.
- 1/2 Day PM PreK will begin at normal time.
In the event of a School Closure, the Warren Early Childhood Center will operate by the following schedule:
- Daycare will open at 8am for those that are already registered. (NOTE- there is a chance for Daycare to close if traveling conditions are too dangerous)
- ALL Full Day PreK and 1/2 Day PreK AM/PM will be cancelled.