The Lake Ridge Bridge
August 29-September 2, 2022
Need translation other than English? Click on the Translate button. You will be able to translate the newsletter to your desired language.
¿Necesita otra traducción además del inglés? Haga clic en el botón Traducir.
هل تحتاج إلى ترجمة غير الإنجليزية؟ انقر فوق الزر "ترجمة".
Cần dịch khác tiếng Anh? Nhấp vào nút Dịch.
From the Principal
Dear Parents and Guardian,
We are still focusing on procedures at school. Please reinforce the following expectations:
- be respectful
- use Voice Level 1 in the Cafeteria
- use Voice Level 0 in the hallway and during dismissal.
- no running or playing in the hallways or restrooms
Make sure that your child brings their Google Chromebook charged daily. Most scholars will have assignments in Schoology as the year progresses.
NWEA MAP testing begins next week. Please make sure that your child brings their Chromebook charged daily, has proper rest at night and is ready to do their best each day.
Below are a few reminders:
- Don't park your car in the car lanes for morning drop off and afternoon pick-up.
- Don't create a drop-off lane during morning arrival.
- Please be patient during car-rider arrival and dismissal.
- Notify the office by 3:20 p.m., if you are picking up your child early. Otherwise, the dismissal time is 3:35 p.m.
- The office is extremely busy during dismissal. Therefore, if you do not contact the office by 3:20 p.m. for early pick-up, you will have to wait until 3:50 p.m. unless it is an emergency.
- Please be patient with transportation.
Be sure to keep the following dates(s) in mind:
- The Week of August 29: Beginning of the Year Assessments (BOY)-NWEA MAP
- September 5th-Staff and Student Holiday-No School
- September 28th from 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. is the Open House. You will have an opportunity to meet the entire staff, receive critical information about the curriculum your child is receiving, and receive Title 1 information.
- New School Hours: 8:05 a.m.-3:35 p.m. (Doors open at 7:45 a.m.)
- Breakfast will be served in the classroom and is free for all scholars.
- The free lunch program has expired. With that being said, please make sure to fill out a lunch application whether you qualify or not. This impacts our school accountability. The links are: https://www.chisd.net/Page/101 and https://frapps.horizonsolana.com/welcome
- Transportation information can be found at the link below. Don't forget to register your child if he/she will ride the school bus.
We will continue the work that was started last year with self-efficacy and teaching your child about their brains' capacity. It is important that scholars believe that they can learn, think critically and control their emotions. Please help us by having your child say positive affirmations about themselves daily.
Always remember that "The Race for Excellence has No Finish Line."
Principal Dr. Washington
College Colors Day
College Color Day is September 2nd. Scholars and staff may rep their favorite college shirt or wear college colors to promote a college bound culture. College Spirit Week will be held September 26 - 30, 2022. More information to come in the coming weeks.
Tips for Managing Back to School Stress
August can be an exciting time for scholars, but it can also be a stressful time for parents. Here are a few suggestions from the experts to help manage back to school stress. Click here for parent tips and sign up for monthly newsletters.
September Guidance Focus
- Suicide Prevention
- College Awareness
- Hispanic Heritage Month
Counseling Request Form: LRE Counseling Request Form
School Counselor: Rashonda.Johnson@chisd.net
Restorative Coordinator: Christopher.Coit@chisd.net
Morning Arrival Procedures:
Doors open daily at 7:45 a.m.
Scholars arriving by bus will enter through Door #14.
Scholars in Pre-K & their siblings will enter through Door #12.
Scholars in ECSE/SKILL & their siblings will enter through Door #11.
All other scholars (car riders and walkers), will enter through Door #1/Main Entrance.
- Vehicles may enter the school driveway via the back/second driveway that runs behind the building and form one line.
- Only those going to the Main Office or dropping off with the classes indicated for Door #11 and Door #12 should enter the main driveway.
Parents should follow the arrows that indicate the flow of traffic and drop off only in the lane next to the sidewalk. Children should not be dropped off in the center lane to ensure safety.
Walkers should not be dropped off via car. To be a walker, that means the scholar walks to the campus from his/her residence.
After the first day of school, parents will not be able to walk their children to their classrooms. All parents & visitors must report directly to the Main Office.
Dismissal occurs daily at 3:35 p.m.
Scholars in Pre-K & their siblings will exit through Door #12.
Scholars in SKILL & their siblings will exit through Door #11.
Scholars who ride the bus or walk home will exit through Door #14.
Scholars picked up via Private Daycare transportation will exit through Door #1.
Scholars who are picked up by car will exit through Door #5 (remain in cafeteria until called).
Parents may enter the school driveway via the back/second driveway that runs behind the building and form one line.
As the cars approach the pick-up area, the scholars will be called outside and will wait for a faculty member to load them into the cars.
Anyone picking up a scholar must have the color-coded card prominently displayed. If the card is not present, then the scholars(s) will be sent to the front office, and the driver will need to show proper identification.
Parents, please stay in your car at all times. Children will not be released if a parent walks up to the cafeteria door.
Only those going to the Main Office for appointments or picking up with the classes indicated for Door #11 and Door #12 should enter the main driveway.
If there is a change in how a scholar regularly gets home, please call the Main Office or email Dr. Washington, Ms. Vance or Ms. Cooke by 2:00 p.m. This will help avoid confusion.
The latest time to check a scholar out via the Main Office is 3:20 p.m. After that time, please wait until the regularly scheduled dismissal.
If your child is in Right at School, remember that checkout begins after 4:00 p.m.; that occurs at Door #5.
Walkers should not be picked up via car. To be a walker, that means the scholar walks to his/her residence from the campus.
The picture below shows how to properly place your car tag(s) for dismissal:
Driveway #1: Yellow
Driveway #2: Orange
K-5: Green Line (morning arrival=Door #1; dismissal=door #5)
ECSE/PK/SKILL: Blue Line
Main Office/Parking: Red Line
If you would like to recognize your child at school on his/her birthday that falls on a school day, please contact your child’s homeroom teacher so that he/she can notify the office. On your child's birthday, you may drop off store bought cupcakes or packaged fruit and individual juice/water at the time indicated by the teacher if you have communicated with the teacher. If your child's birthday falls on a weekend or on a non-school day for students, no alternate arrangements will be made.
Arrangements should be made prior to the child's birthday so that the teacher can verify that it will not interrupt scheduled class activities.
Birthdays in Montessori Primary and Lower Elementary are generally celebrated with an activity called "Walk Around the Sun". Each classroom, including Upper Elementary, has their own way of celebrating birthdays which is communicated by the classroom teacher.
CHISD C.A.R.E.S. & CHISD KUDOS
Unfortunately, there are times when a member of the Longhorn Family experiences a death. Employees, or families of scholars or former CHISD employees who wish to share the information are asked to complete the CHISD CARES (Cares About Retirees Employees & Scholars) form. The CHISD Communications Office handles all CHISD C.A.R.E.S submissions and shares the information via email to all staff. C.A.R.E.S notifications will be sent out by the end of the day that the form was received; if the submission is received after 2:30 p.m. it might not be sent out until the following business day.
The C.A.R.E.S form is available on the communications page of chisd.net. Here is a direct link.
The CHISD Communications Department loves to share the positive experiences and interactions happening across the district.
If you want to share some kudos for a parent, employee or scholar who exhibits the Longhorn Essentials, please email a description/information to firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see your kudos on one of the district’s social media accounts.
- BOY NWEA MAP Assessments (Grades K-5)- Week of August 29th.
- Math (K-5)
- Reading (K-5)
- Science (2-5)
- Language (2-5)
- Reading Fluency (K-2)
- September 5th-No School
- September 28th-Open House, Curriculum Expectations and Title 1 Night (5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.)
Lake Ridge Elementary
Location: 1020 Lake Ridge Parkway, Cedar Hill, TX, United States
Phone: (972) 293-4501