Women and Gender Studies
Center for Social Justice
What is it?
Meeting I went to
Wednesday, Nov. 18th, 7pm
Multiple people who are apart of women and gender studies here at OU talked about their opinions on how the saying boomer sooner is racist and shows white supremacy and that as a native american The University doesn't do a good job recognizing the natives who owned this land years ago.
- David Boren ignores the fact and won't do anything to change it
- Low nu,her of native staff
GOALS IS TO DECOLONIZE AND EDUCATE PUBLIC.
Why I chose this/What I learned
- Seemed interesting
- I didn't know much about the subject and wanted to know more
- Different then I thought it was going to be- more formal and brutality honest
- "Boomer Sooner" has a different meaning to native americans