Change cannot be implemented unless change is wanted
Characteristics of Socialism
2. Strategic economic planning
3. The prevention of government corruption
4. Everyone deserves an education, whether that be the rich or the poor
5. Less militaristic emphasis
Advantages and Disadvantages of Democratic-Socialism
1. Government ownership of important industries, thus cutting out the middle man.
2. It is less likely for money to be skimmed off the top (stolen by the corrupt) because of the reduction of amount of people that the money flows through.
3. The basic needs of people are met.
4. The Economic gap between the lower, middle and upper class begins to dissolve.
1. Will not work if the proper precautions are not taken.
2. Corruption of Government officials.
3. Requires an immense amount of planning and budgeting along with constant taxation of the people.
Is Democratic-Socialism a viable style of Government to live under?
Without a doubt, a Democratic-Socialist country would be a viable place to live in. Government ownership of certain industries has proven to be more efficient, granted that it is done correctly. The prevention of corruption within these industries is the most important precaution that must be taken. This is to insure that money will not be skimmed off the top or stolen from industries. And at the end of the day, if everyone simply does their job correctly, the average cost of life would be less than that of which it is now.
A Democratic-Socialist outlook towards certain important industries along with a capitalistic based economy, would be the most efficient means of running a country. Government ownership of industries would allow for a low price ceiling, thus benefiting the lower and middle class significantly.
*ALL IMAGES WERE OBTAINED FROM GOOGLE*
THE INFORMATION WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT WAS OBTAINED FROM RAEDO VIAENE