Harris Weekly Update
May 23 - May 26
THIS WEEK AT HARRIS
Ackerman PS Carnival Celebration, 8:15 or 11:30
6th Grade Celebration Day
Early Release @ 1:55
Last Day of School!
Spirit Day - Wear Harris Shirt / Colors
Half Day Release @11:55
6th Grade Walk the Halls @11:45
District Preschool Programs
Yearbooks for Sale!
Reading Around The World (2022 Family Summer Library Program)
Update - Free & Reduced Meals Program for 2022/23 School Year
School breakfasts and lunches will continue to be free for all students for the rest of the 2021-2022 school year. This will end on June 30, 2022. In order to receive free and reduced meals following July 1, 2022 families will need to fill out an application. Students who apply and are eligible for free and reduced meals will also receive additional benefits such as waived summer school fees, waived college testing fees, waived musical instrument fees, waived or reduced college application fees, reduced internet fees, and much more! Additionally, the free and reduced meal program ensures your school continues to receive funding for many school programs. Learn more here - https://www.gilbertschools.net/menu.
Apply online starting July 1, 2022, for the 2022/23 school year - gilbertschools.net/meals
Versión Actualizada - Programa de Comidas Gratis o de Precio Reducido para el Año Escolar 2022-2023
Los desayunos y almuerzos en las escuelas continuarán gratis para todos los estudiantes para el año escolar 2021-2022. Esto terminará el 30 de junio del 2022. Para recibir comidas gratis o de precio reducido siguiendo el 1 de julio del 2022 las familias tendrán que llenar una solicitud. Los estudiantes que presenten la solicitud y son elegibles para recibir comida gratuitas o de precio reducido también recibirán beneficios adicionales, como la exención de las tafias de la escuela de verano, de tarifas de exámenes universitarios, de tarifas de instrumentos musicales, tarifas de solicitudes a universidades exentas o reducidas, tarifas reducidas de internet y mucho más! Adicionalmente el programa de desayunos y almuerzos gratis o de precio reducido asegura que la escuela siga recibiendo fondos para los programas de la escuela. Para aprender mas - https://www.gilbertschools.net/menu.
Aplique en línea empezando el 1 de julio del 2022, para el año escolar 2022-2023 - gilbertschools.net/meals
Adding Funds to Your Child's Lunch Account
July 5th - On July 5th Infinite Campus will be down as we make some important updates. On this date the URL to access Infinite Campus will change. To access the new URL just visit www.gilbertschools.net/IC on July 6th 2022. Remember to update any bookmarks you have.
July 11th - Our Annual Update begins. It is very important that all families complete the online ‘Annual Update’ to prepare for the new school year. The ‘Annual Update’ in Infinite Campus allows you to tell us of any updates to your contact information, address changes, and updates to emergency contacts. In order to ensure we can communicate with you regarding your student, or in case of emergency, it is essential that we have your up to date contact details. Please log in to your Infinite Campus parent portal and complete your student’s ‘Annual Update’ today. To access the IC portal visit www.gilbertschools.net/IC
July 11th @ 4pm - The IC parent portal opens for all of our secondary students. The portal provides access to your student’s schedule and other important information for the new school year.
July 19th @ 4pm - The IC parent portal opens for all of our elementary students, including details of your student’s teacher(s) for the new school year.
Download the GPS App
The GPS App includes a link to IC, as well as access to your student’s school calendar, meal information, bus routes, and other helpful information for parents and students. Visit www.gilbertschools.net/app for more information.
IMPORTANT DAILY SCHOOL REMINDERS
- Handicap Parking is for those that either have a designated plate or sticker prominently displayed. DO NOT park in this zone if you do not have a plate or sticker.
- There is NO LEFT TURN when leaving the Harris parking lot during the hours of 2:30PM-3:00PM
- Students cannot arrive on campus until 7:45 AM as there is NO School Supervision until this time. For the safety of your child, please be sure they are not left unattended.
- Reminders: Parents will not be allowed inside the building without prior approval. Safety for our children must remain top priority.
- Please remember to bring your ID when picking up your student during school hours. This is for the safety of your student.
- The cut-off time to pull students out early is 2:35PM (1:35PM on Weds) If you arrive after this time to sign your child out, you will have to wait until the dismissal bell rings.
- We understand life happens and there are times when you may be late after school to pick up your child. Please be sure to communicate with the front office if this should occur. Otherwise, we expect your child to be picked up on time as school ends promptly @ 2:55 PM (1:55PM on Weds) (11:55AM in half days)
What Does It Mean To Be A Title I School?
Title I is the largest federal aid program for public schools. Schools can be designated as “Title I” if certain criteria are met. Title I is the federal government’s commitment to closing the achievement gap between low-income and moderate to high income students. These funds are used to help all students meet academic standards. Click the links below to learn more!