Avoca West News
August 7, 2021
Class Placements (Teacher Assignments) Coming!
What Will School Look Like?
Many families have inquired about what drop off, pick up, and other procedures will look like in the year to come as well. With CDC guidance evolving and the local health departments weighing in as well, I am waiting to give the the most recent updates until we get closer to August 25th. Here are a few things that I can share at this time:
- School hours for all students (even K) will be from 8:25-3:00.
- Outside entrance doors will open for students to enter at 8:15. Students will proceed to their classrooms at that time.
- Students will enter at multiple doors, though there will be some flexibility that did not exist last year. A map will be shared as we get closer to the start of the school year.
- Car drop off will be in the back of the building with the front circle being reserved for buses.
- Teachers will have the option for their students to use lockers, though it may phase in as the year progresses.
Dr. Osburn shared additional details with families last week, so please refer back to his email for more information not covered here.
Welcoming New Staff AND Students
We are also welcoming OVER 30 new 1st-5th grade students and over 60 kindergarten kiddos this year. What a thrill to see our Avoca West family grow so much!
Avoca West Parent Orientation -- Grade Times Vary
Thursday, Aug. 26th, 6pm
235 Beech Drive
2nd & 3rd - 6:45-7:15
4th & 5th - 7:30-8:00