Catch the Wind Weekly Bulletin
Week of 1/4 - 1/8
A Message from Principal Fraser
Dear 'Aikahi Ohana,
Welcome back! I hope you had time to rest and relax over the past few weeks. I look forward to connecting again as we gear up for another great semester. As we ring in the new year, we will have a few new faces on our teaching faculty. Please join me in welcoming the following two teachers:
Music Teacher- Ms. Louie was hired to replace Mrs. Luckett as our music teacher. She comes to our school with a wealth of experience. Ms. Louie earned a music degree from The University of Hawaii. She has over 7 years of experience teaching private music lessons and is well versed in several instruments. She has taught music at several schools beginning in 2012 and also has experience as a substitute teacher. She is excited to continue her passion of teaching here at our school and will continue the program that was in place previously.
Grade 5 Teacher- Ms. Teixeira was hired to replace Mrs. Lostetter. Mrs. Lostetter had her first child over the holiday break and will be staying home this semester to spend quality time with her healthy baby girl. Ms. Teixeira was the student teacher who worked with Grade 5 and Grade 6 during the first semester. She graduated and earned her teaching degree from The University of Hawaii in December. She knows the students and the curriculum and will be supported by our veteran teachers. We are thankful to have her on board for the entire semester instead of trying to find substitute teachers.
Please stay in touch via our website, weekly emails and our Tuesday folder system. See you all on Wednesday!
"LET'S BE GREAT FOR ALL 458, STUDENTS"
This Week's Events
- Winter Break - No school for students and teachers
- Teacher Work Day - No school for students
- First day of Quarter 3 - Welcome back students!
- Geography Bee for Grades 4 - 6 at 8:30 am in the cafe
- Grade 6 Science Fair Judging at 1:30 - 6:30 pm in the cafe
- Grade 5 and 6 Science Fair from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm in the cafe
New Technology Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Quarter 2 STAR Party - For all the students who reached their AR goals during quarter 2. The library is in need of small toys, goody bag items (non-candy), and stickers (sports-themed preferred) to use on the big day. Donations are accepted at the library - there is a pink box on the counter. We are also looking for volunteers. Please sign up at this link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f49a4ad2aa20-star
- Quarter 2 Report Cards go home
January 25 - 29
- Spirit Week
- PC Day for Teachers - No school for students