May 16th - 20th
Learn. Connect. Serve.
Teaching Children to Check Their Own Behavior
Week at a Glance
Coming This Week:
Monday, May 16th
- Watch DOG - Trumon Davis (Walker from 5th Grade and Lauren from Ms. Wilson
- CLT Meeting after school
- Jeans Pass Day!
- EOY LPAC Meeting
- Future Aviators, PE Time 10:45-11:25
- Kinder Orientation 5:30 p.m. in the Library
Wednesday, May 18th
- Running Club Field Trip to Eureka Park
- Have you made your positive point of contact this week?
Thursday, May 19th
- All student's library books are due today/ Guided reading books turned back in to the Literacy Library
- PTA Meeting will take place during the day - NO Evening Meeting.
Friday, May 20th
- Adkins Fun Run & Field Day - Please communicate with parents daily to support the Fun Run efforts. Read all emails and be up to speed with how Friday will work logistically. Please remind parents for girls to wear their "covering" swimsuit under their field day t shirt, and for boys to wear their swim shorts.
May 24th - 26th: Erin off campus for T-Tess Training
May 25th - 4th/5th Clubs Field Trip to Globe Life Park to watch the Texas Rangers
May 27th - Art Club Field Trip to the Dallas Museum of Art
May 30th - No School/Memorial Day Holiday
May 31st - 3rd grade Market Day
June 1st - Fifth Grade Celebration/Graduation
June 2nd - Report Cards go home with students/Early Release
June 15th - STAAR scores reported (3rd/4th Reading & Math, 4th Writing, 5th Science). Once we receive the Confidential Score Reports, we will mail them to your students' home.
Shout Outs!! Kudos to....
- Ms Penaluna for always taking on any challenge with a smile and good attitude!!
- A giant thanks to all the teachers - especially the K-1-2 classes - for working so hard to keep the school calm for STAAR testing. That's not easy, it's exhausting, but it is SO appreciated!
- Thank you to Vicki and Trina for planning an amazing wedding shower for Michelle and Ben!! Dedra and Holly, thank you for making everything look so fabulous!