December 11, 2015
Mark Your Calendars
Tuesday, December 15
- TEN (Teacher Evaluation Network), Jennifer & Cori @ WISD
Wednesday, December 16
- CBD Shoulder to Shoulder
- CIA, 8:30 - 11:00 am
- Professional Council, 12:30 - 3:00 pm
Thursday, December 17
- Faculty & Staff Meeting / Holiday Breakfast, 7:30 am Sign up in the staff lounge
Friday, December 18
- Spirit Day (PJs)
Monday, December 21
- BOE Meeting, Ackerson @ 6:00 pm
Monday, January 4
- WELCOME BACK!
Tuesday, January 5
- PTSA Meeting, Media Center @ 5:30 pm
Thursday , January 7
- Faculty / Staff Meeting, Media Center @ 7:00 am (Diversity / MLK Planning)
Friday, January 8
- Grass Lake / Thompson Foundation Visitors (am)
FROM THE OFFICE
- The annual state conference was an excellent one. The keynote speakers included: Dr. John Draper (we heard him at EMU), George Couros (Twitter / Educator Guru), Dr. Nancy Colflesh (will be speaking next week at TEN), and the new State Superintendent Brian Whiston. We learned about how miracles do happen every day in public schools and how critical it is to be innovative while getting the good news out about the wonderful things we're doing.
- We will be interviewing for the open PE position next week. Our hope is to have someone in place when we return from winter break.
- From the Homework Club Team: Homework Club
Homework Club on Wednesdays after school has been getting a lot of use! The room has been filling up consistently with kids wanting to get work done and get a little help doing it. Students are generally getting work done. At this point, we are struggling to seat all the kids in one room, and provide enough support and help to each student. The homework club team could use some additional help from other teachers to make sure we always have at least two teachers there. If you're interested in volunteering even one afternoon, please sign up here. If we aren't able to have two teachers each afternoon, we may have to stop inviting new students to the club.
Support Staff: Please join us for the holiday breakfast on Thursday, December 17 at 7:30 am. There is a sign-up sheet in the staff lunch room. Teachers: This is in lieu of our monthly faculty meeting.
CBD Resources - Check them out here. By the way, Matinga should be back this Wednesday for some shoulder to shoulder work.
This will be my last weekly update before winter break. I'm wishing you the most joyous of holiday seasons. May you find peace and rejuvenation over the days ahead. Enjoy your family. Unplug from school. Think about the blessings in your life. =)
- Dream more, learn more, become more!
- Critical information - phone extensions, schedules, timelines, emergency drills, etc.
- Text alerts through Remind - text @mms5678 to the number 81010.
Manchester Middle School
Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.
To provide a secure, challenging learning environment which will empower all students to achieve their greatest potential. The MMS team joins the parents and community to assist students in developing skills necessary to become successful, responsible, contributing citizens.