~ Setting up a Home network ~
- wired home networking means that where you use the internet it is limited, however it is faster then any other way.
- wireless works with out any cables. this means that you can use the internet anywhere around your home.
Bandwidth measures how much data you can move in a given period of time, but not necessarily how fast it moves.
because without latency information you get to your computer will be slow, this will cause delays when receiving data
- Protocol – a set of rules that computers use to communicate with one another
- •VoIP – Voice Over Internet Protocol e.g. Skype allows communication over the Internet involving voice and multimedia exchange. Requires phone line, computer and webcam.
- •POP – Post Office Protocol. Used for email retrieval such as Gmail and Yahoo.
- •IMAP – Internet Message Access Protocol. Used for email retrieval.
- •SMTP – Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. For sending messages. POP or IMAP used for receiving and retrieval.
- •HTTP/S - Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure. Often used for secure payments and transactions.